Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Electricity price.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by roadking, May 12, 2013.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Australia has some of the highest rates in the world.....but in Australia were you using Central aircon and a lot of appliances? The overall price is irrelevant without knowing how much electricity you were using.

My bills were about twice as high in the US ($80-100 per month) compared to the Philippines but I was cooling my entire place all-day-every-day, using and electric range every day, taking hot showers with an electric water tank, using a fridge 4 times larger than in the Philippines, microwaves, appliances, vacuum cleaner, a massive tv, lots of electronics, fans, lots more lights, etc etc. If I only used what I do in the Philippines the electric company might think I had moved out of my apartment. My bills would have been $10 per month or less.

2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The same as here mate;
    Fridge Freezer (Pigeon Pair) - Here: Separate Fridge & Freezer
    68cm CRT TV - Here: 42" Flatscreen TV
    Pedestal Fan - Here: Pedestal Fan
    Washing Machine - Here: Wash by hand
    Electric Stove - Here: Gas Cooker
    Microwave Oven - Here: NIL
    Toaster Oven - Here: NIL
    Deep Fryer - Here: NIL
    Hot Water Heater - Here: Cold Water
    Computer with Modem - Here: Computer with Modem
    NIL - Here: AVR & UPS units
    Use Fluro/LED Lights in Oz & Here (Actually more lights here and on all night)

That is about it mate, no Air-con and no Electric Heaters here or back in Oz.

Stupid part was I had several sets of friends with 4+ kids who lived in large homes with Air-con and paid a quarter what I paid in 3x Separate Houses over the time I lived in Ipswich! I felt I was being had, so changed Electricity Providers around 2103, and did save $300 off of my first Bill after signing up, but it went back to $1,400AUD per Quarter after that. Had everything tested in the 3x Houses trying to find WHY my Bills were so high (ranging from 1985 to 2014 where my Bills were approximately 3 to 4 times higher than my friends) and in my last House they found I had 260V at all the outlets, but said that should not make much difference apart from blowing Light Bulbs, which was a regular occurrence. Over that period of time I replaced my White-goods many times as well as TV's and PC's etc... I never want to go back there to live again as I have heard prices have risen for everything there. PASS!

• Like Like x 1