Dumaguete Info Search

Update Embedding Video to a Post

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have added the ability embed video from a long list of websites.

ABC News, Amazon Product, audioBoom, Audiomack, Bandcamp, BBC News, Bleacher Report videos, Blip, Break, CBS News Video, CNBC, CNN, CNNMoney, Colbert Nation, CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, Coub, Dailymotion, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Democracy Now!, dumpert, 8tracks, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Facebook, Flickr, Fox News, Funny or Die, Gamespot, GameTrailers, Getty Images, Gfycat, GitHub Gist (via custom iframe), Global News, GoFundMe, Google+, Google Sheets, Hudl, Hulu, HumorTV, IGN, IMDb, Imgur, Indiegogo, Instagram, Internet Archive, İzlesene, Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ), Kickstarter, Kiss Video, Libsyn, LiveLeak, Livestream, Mail.Ru, Medium, Metacafe, Mixcloud, MSNBC, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Video, NHL VideoCenter, NPR, The New York Times Video, Pastebin, Podbean, Prezi, Rdio, Reddit comment permalink, Rutube, Scribd, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Sportsnet, Spotify, Stitcher, Straw Poll, Streamable, Team Coco, TED Talks, The Atlantic Video, The Onion, TinyPic videos, TMZ, Trailer Addict, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter (via custom iframe), Ustream, VBOX7, VEVO, Viagame, Videomega, vidme, Vimeo, Vine, VK, Vocaroo, WorldStarHipHop, The Wall Street Journal Online, XboxClips, Xbox DVR, Yahoo! Screen, Youku, YouTube, Zippyshare audio files

When you click the "Media" button in the reply box which looks like this " Screenshot (82).png " the pop-up will include the full list of these websites (with links).

Screenshot (81).png

To get the link to the video you just need to find their embed button in (or around) the media player and copy that link or in some cases just copy the link in the address bar. You will need to find out which ones work with which method.....I haven't even heard of half of these websites myself.

I have tried this with BBC videos and it seems that if a video on the website does not have their embed button there is no way to get it to post as video to the forum.

Trial and error with this one. Post if you have problem (and include a link if you want me to try to trouble shoot it).

• Like Like x 1