Dumaguete Info Search


Event Emergency power service interruption on May 23, 2020 https://t.co/SxC5wDr2DY

En tråd i 'NORECO II Announcements' startet av NORECO II, 23 Mai 2020.

  1. Happy Camper

    Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

    Reg.:
    20 Mai 2017
    Innlegg:
    926
    Poeng:
    246
    Ratings:
    +1.395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Can you go 100% solar without being connected to the grid? What would be the number of battery storage devices needed and where would you get them? Or am I simply not informed enough, which is probably truer. It sounds interesting.
     
  2. SkipJack

    SkipJack DI Senior Member

    Reg.:
    13 Jan 2019
    Innlegg:
    877
    Poeng:
    246
    Ratings:
    +1.161 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    You would have to add a generator for the rainy days. This can be a lost cost DC alternator belt driven by a single cylinder diesel pump engine. A Volvo single cylinder diesel pump engine only costs 14,000 PHP. Then you would purchase an automotive DC alternator and a bracket. This would charge up the batteries during rainy days.
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. danbandanna

    danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

    Reg.:
    29 Jun 2016
    Innlegg:
    1.012
    Poeng:
    356
    Ratings:
    +1.483 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I too am interested in battery technology, but only for brownouts and these batteries would be charged from the grid and only be used during brownouts... my concern is the battery itself, hearing complaints that batteries do not last in this hot and humid weather as they are very expensive and also not knowing how many KWH it would take to run the essentials in a brownout... I see there are Gel based batteries that I hear are superior both in capacity and longevity but not sure what the cost...
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
Laster inn...