Dumaguete Info Search

EVG 3-D panels

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by ShawnM, Feb 19, 2014.

1. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The first price you were quoted seems high. I priced them about three years ago in Cebu and they were about 675p for the four by nine with two inch Styrofoam.
    What method will you be applying the cement to the panels? I know they sometimes use a flinging method, I would be a bit worried about that but it seems to work well enough.
    Thanks for the posts and as another has already said, please keep the info coming.
    Dean

2. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Shawn,

the wife and i are also thinking about building our own house and I find your postings extremely informative, thanks. Got a question about the panels you intend to use instead of hollow blocks for your walls: Do you intend to hang anything on the walls like picture frames, paintings, etc.? On a concrete / hollow block wall it's a matter of drilling a hole, putting a plastic plug in and put the screw in - easy. Seems to me that the panels provide little 'meat' to put a screw in to hang something on...

Vicmico

3. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I guess it will be a "manual" shotcrete method, flinging. Since I've never worked with the panels, I'm trying to read up on them the best I can and am thinking about the addition of chicken wire for the ceilings (against the concrete slab) to help "hold" the plaster better. I was also thinking about the wire mesh commonly used with Stucco or EIFS, but don't think you could fill in between the welded wire mesh and foam, so still trying to get my head around the best method.

Shawn

4. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Vicmico...from what I read from the manufacture install instructions the cement plaster on each side should be about 1.5" thick so I think that would be enough to hang a picture frame. The welded wire mesh is also supposed to tie to rebar you leave out from the floor and roof slabs and assume probably horizontal from the columns as well to "tie" everything together. I have not seen anything from the manufacturer on what you could hang or not, but personally am curious if I would be better off putting in some blocking for heavy things like kitchen cabinets.

The pictures of finished houses and buildings in the literature show all kinds of things attached so hopefully someone who has used these panels can share their experience.

Shawn

5. vandykr

vandykr DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heres a link about shotcrete gun ,also when i attache to concrete i will drill a hole with concrete bit then use a 2 to three inch copper wire out of a piece of romex 12 or 14 gauge put in the hole then drive a nail or screw in makes a cheap tapcon and works better. The copper is soft enough that it will compress and hold just try to make sure you have right sizes.

Blastcrete Equipment - Concrete Pumps, Sprayers, Mixers, Shotcrete, SCIP, Gunite for Refractory, Mining, and Commercial Applications :: Anniston, AL

6. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-

7. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Does anyone have any experience shipping construction materials from Cebu to Dumaguete? Both the companies that carry the EVG panels are now saying they cannot ship to Dumaguete (though 2 months ago this was not mentioned when we asked).

Something about paperwork and that they would have to physically have someone go with the panels. This makes no sense to me and had not planned to have to send someone to Cebu to make this happen, but not sure what options I have.

I am going to need these panels pretty soon, still at a loss they could not have said something 2 months ago or even last week when the wife talked to them.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Shawn

8. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    First shipment of panels finally arrived

After numerous delays we finally have some EVG panels on the site.

Shawn

Attached Files:

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Sweet! How did you eventually get them shipped? Uymatiao?

10. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Knowdafish...Uymatiao were helpful getting them from Cebu to Dumaguete; but not so much after that and ended up getting a private truck from Dumaguete to Tanjay. Hopefully the rest of the panels as well as some other materials that the wife found cheaper in Cebu will be a bit smoother.

Shawn