Dumaguete Info Search

EVG 3-D panels

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by ShawnM, Feb 19, 2014.

1. block108

block108 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Hi Shawn,

I'm also into EVG-3D panels for our Shop (around 77sq m). I'm just wondering if you can enlighten me about using these panels? Is using EVG-3D cost more than using CHB? I know the panels are pretty expensive but according to my research it will still be more cheaper because it will save you time in paying laborers for the construction. Is it true? How long did the house construction last?

Thank you in advance! It will be greatly appreciated!

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    @block108

Hi Block, Good Morning,
    Shawn is away working at the moment and is having some problems logging on so it may be some time before you get any answer from him but I seem to remember that he had discussions with others that may see your post and will try to help you.
    If you go back to some of Shawn's Threads on his house build you may pick up some Information you are looking For. If you go to Shawn's profile you should be able to get his Postings. Hope this helps and you can get some ideas from the threads.:wink: Click on his Avatar to get to his page. Maybe a Search for House build will take you somewhere too. Best of luck.

JP :smile: :thumbsup:

3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    It`s good to hear Shawn is working. He had not posted for a long time and I thought he was MIA.
    His posts were good.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    He will Appreciate Reading this, I am sure. Cherry( His Wife) will no doubt convey the message to him, she has been following DI during his Lockout.

Hmmmmmmm IT lockout not DI:smile:

JP:thumbsup:

5. block108

block108 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Jack,

Thank you very much for those information and tips! It will surely help me a lot. And I really appreciate you taking the time to write me back 'cause I know it's been awhile for this thread. :smile::smile: Shawn's posts were very informative! Hope you guys continue to inspire and help others! God bless!

-Block

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    If you are using the common beam and column structure and "filling in" with EVG panels you can definitely save money and time on labor. I stubbed rebar out of the columns and beams to tie the panels to. I also used additional rebar on the panels where they join (not needed from what I've read, just tied together) as well as around window and door openings. The savings is not just in the panel install but utility rough in as well.

For the electrical I was using rigid PVC at first which, though faster that dealing with block, still took a bit longer than it should have. I ended up taking a torch and melting the styro and then running the flexible PVC in the walls. Even as thin walled as it is, it takes PVC couplings and glue so everything in the slab was rigid and then transition to the flex in the walls.

We have some plans starting next year and we will be using the EVG panels again. It was my first time using them on the house so I picked up some things to make install go even faster on our next projects

I finally figured out after 2 months how to get to the DI site so I will do my best to answer any questions that you may have.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yeaaah! Well done that Man nice to see you back among us my Friend:thumbsup:

Jack :wink:

8. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    Best Answer
  9. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We bought them at Cebu Bionic Builders and Atlantic Hardware in Cebu.

• Thanks Thanks x 1