Dumaguete Info Search

Excellent Japanese restaurant new find

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by koolaukid, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Not a bad defence but will it stand up when you are charged for deformation over the comment about the raman. Lol

Philpots
    This message by Philpots has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Noooooo! Not trolling at all. Just trying to inject in a little humour, especially with what happened in Thailand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The way I learned to use chopsticks was to put the sticks together, tie a rubberband around the top, and place a small piece of napkin near the top between the sticks. This acts as a hinge and keeps the sticks open. When you want a piece of food just squeeze the sticks like tweezers. Works like a charm. Eventually i just caught on how to use the sticks ordinarily. Now, take a rubberband with you and go enjoy some good Japanese chow.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    Great idea - I will take a rubber band OR pair of tweezers when I next go to a chopstick venue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

so the US is becoming competitive in the world market for chopsticks with one Georgia company planning to produce ten million pair a day by year end. so we have exported high tech jobs to china and now we make their chopsticks. that will show them eh!!

i always feel compelled to demonstrate my prowess with chopsticks when eating in an oriental venue (round eye competitiveness) but always make sure i have napkins on my lap and tucked into the neck of my shirt. i refuse to engage in the "shoveling" practice tho of holding a dish to my mouth and pushing loose products like rice into my mouth. my dainty nature requires a spoon for that.

maybe next time instead of rubber bands or tweezers i will take a part of bar b q tongs. bigger and better!!! (uh oh mr MNRN--is this drivel??)

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    My learning of chopstick use was through necessity with being in China for several weeks. Tried picking up a piece of slippery food from a moving circular table? Great entertainment for the locals. Fried rice is the ultimate challenge - that's why they shovel with the dish close to their mouths......ever wondered why most of them are so small?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Probably why Filipinos use their hand.. (right one) or is it the left. saves on washing the spoons.

8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    You think I am the Forum expert on 'drivel'?

Hmmm.... maybe I am - but you taught me. :smile:

But are you HAPPY? That is of more interest to me about a person, rather than what they write.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

delirious is more like it

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1