Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Existing curfew.

1. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    I drive regularly after 21:00 back from bacong direct or via valencia to dgt but never seen a manned checkpoint at that time.

I wonder, since i dont follow the news to much anymore, is there still a curfew? for nighttime and for minors or seniors?
    Is there any news if and then when schools will open? And then not the sounds from the big leader from manila that we will wait for a vaccin, but just some practical news what the local school will do?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I drive my gf to work in Dumaguete from Valencia around 9:30 5 nights a week. Generally get back up to Valencia just before 10. Not once have I seen a manned checkpoint. Seen a few police patrol vehicles but they have never shown any interest in me or anyone else. Can't speak for what they are doing North and South of Dumaguete.

Edit: there were people at the checkpoint across from Hypermart tonight but they weren't stopping anyone.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Well, as a famous member of this Forum once wrote to me in a reply : "Do you know where you are?"

I told him that due to age I did not but that my wife reminds me every hour. Btw, she says "You are in the Philippines, Honey".

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    As far as I understand the various curfews are technically still in place, but practically arrived at helmet law implementation level or worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I DO read the news, daily - about 5 local news media - plus, of course, the excellent Dumagueteinfo.com!

From all of that my knowledge of the current situation is:

is there still a curfew? Doubt anyone really knows
    for nighttime and for minors or seniors? Doubt anyone really knows
    Is there any news if and then when schools will open? Doubt anyone really knows
    And then not the sounds from the big leader from manila that we will wait for a vaccine, but just some practical news what the local school will do? Doubt anyone really knows

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020