Dumaguete Info Search

Exit clearance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by joseph domaille, Jan 23, 2013.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Probably still better than going to Cebu and dealing with that stress I guess!

2. OP
    OP
    joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got mine yesterday up stairs above imm. here . they say cebu does not same day any more /// who knows.

3. OP
    OP
    joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it costs 1000p for buss n taxi 500p for the clearance then a hotel if they dont do it in one day the cost is getting close to the 3000p they charge to do it here, i did it once there n back in one day its a big day out lol

never get between a dog and a tree

4. OP
    OP
    joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This was my first thread on the exit clearance subject, i posted it only to advise those that did not want to make the trip to cebu.

5. ajayver

ajayver DI Member Showcase Reviewer

WordPress developer, Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hi! Any news on exit clearances?

I've got one a year ago in Dumaguete Immigration Office, it took 1 week and 500 pesos.
    Now everyone say, that they don't issue it here anymore, so I was wondering what will be the price to make it in Cebu or Manila?
    Did anyone tried to get it in Manila airport? If it costs 2000+ in Cebu or Manila, then I would prefer to pay 3000 here...

Please share your updated experience, thank you!

6. johncarson

johncarson DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +252 / 19
    Asked at Immigration this week about exit clearance. Was told Manila or Cebu. Lady mentioned earlier upstairs charges 3000p. Am getting mine from Rachel at Dreamland Travel for 2500p.

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Up date on this thread. Dreamland travel next door to the BofI office in Dumaguete no longer process the Exit Clearance Certificate. Manila, Cebu and Davao are the only BofI offices that now process it, or you can take a chance on getting it at the airport (or, if they get snotty, having it refused). In Dumaguete, AJ's Visa Services will get it for you. This is the office facing you at the top of the stairs immediately before the immigration office. The cost is 3000 pesos, and, according to the owner, you should allow 5-7 days, but they are often returned quicker than that. You need a photocopy of the main page of your passport, and of the stamp when you entered the Philippines, and of the latest extension, plus the receipt you were given when you paid for your last extension. Also need a photocopy of the front and back of your I-card, plus one photo, 2" x 2" on a white background. The lady in charge is Maria Teresa Matibag and the phone number is (35) 226-3711 or 09358734210.

8. syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    balakan visa

I was told the same thing in February, but i went to immigration in the morning when it opened. my flight was to leave around 1. it only took me an hour or so to get out of there. Now, as my philippine wife and i left the country and re entered, i got the balakan stamp on my passport, good for unlimited exit and entry for one year, eliminating the need to run to immigration every other month as well as renewing my acri card. in the future we will just take a trip, and re enter and get that stamp, saves a lot of problems and money.

9. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Your information are wrong
    1. it is called Balikbayan visa not balakan stamp or whatever you call it...
    2. it will expire when you leave
    3. Balikbayan visa are only available if you travel with your wife. You will enter on a regular tourist visa again if travelling alone, unless you get to an officer in a very good mood or emphasize the mood accordingly.

10. syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    ok, lets be real nit picky today. I dont care if i can pronounce or spell things in this country right. the general idea is all that matters and each and everyone can or will have slight differences as well as experiences in dealing with this country in any matter