Dumaguete Info Search

How to Exit with the wife

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Senjenbing, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +428 / 198
    I've tried searching the subject, and I'm sure it's been discussed in the past, but I'm hoping someone has and idea of the exit latest exit requirements for a Filipino wife. We're planning on a vacation in the next couple of months and it would be useful to know what the requirements are for my wife - we only plan to be out of the country for about a week.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you and your asawa are in the "regular pair" category then if you're travelling to a country where she can go without requiring an upfront visa, then the requirement for her departure (just paying travel tax) is done at the airport.
    At the airport she might get asked for her return ticket reservation and about the vacation plans and reservations. No big deal.

If the officers at the airport who are tasked with preventing human trafficking get suspicious about the couples' travel plans, then their questions would become harder and more insistent if/when the lady can't answer the friendlier starting questions about those plans.

So, if the girl/lady seems insecure, barely has a clue where she's going, what she's going to do there, and when she's coming back, then she might not be allowed to leave at all. Obviously in such bad intent cases the pair would very likely not be married at all and hardly know each other.

Regular tourists have nothing to fear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    It's been a while, but as long as you are married, I wouldn't expect any issues. I'd bring proof of that and maybe some pictures of you two together. The concern is around human trafficking, so a girl/girlfriend who is young is a red flag. Here is a thread from Rye83 wanting to take his girlfriend to Cambodia. The subject of getting her out of the Philippines comes up in the thread.

https://dumagueteinfo.com/board/threads/cambodia-makes-it-easy.24220/

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Bring your marriage certificate, her birth certificate, and anything else you have that will show you are a couple ie banking, utilities, house title or lease agreement etc etc. Allow yourself way more time at the airport than you think you'll need.
    It's been 9 years since my wife's first trip out of the country but it seems that not much has changed. Just last July my wife was asked for her passport AFTER the immigration counter while we were in the security line. In our experience the female agents have been the most ... thorough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1