Dumaguete Info Search

Experienced Divers

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by osodelnorte, Nov 24, 2011.

1. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Looking for experienced qualified adventure divers who want to explore unexplored coral reef and caves at my place. Definitely new territory. Will need air/gear for you plus two. I will provide the boat if you don't have one.

2. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'd have to bring air and gear for two other divers?

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Two divers were checking a new reef when they saw a shark. The shark circled them, menacingly. One diver took off his fins and reached inside his BC and pulled out a pair of super-power fins.
    His buddy signaled: What? You can't out swim a shark!
    The diver signaled back: I don't have to out swim the shark - I only have to out swim you!

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
  5. Dairymoor

Dairymoor DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dive Buddy

Hi Rhoody,
    How are you? You may remember me from previous visits to Dgte, we used to hang out in Why Not (of course!).
    I'm very interested to find buddy/buddies who want to do non-resort, independent diving. I did 50 dives in Feb 2011 using rental car and tank fills and my own gear. My buddy and I found many beach access points and loved the muck/macro/photo diving.
    I'm OWSI with 1000+dives, own gear, English speaking. I want to visit for one month, starting early February, staying in self-catering accommodation in Dauin area, with my Filipina (non diver).
    Email reply if this suits your plans. Do you know any self-cater places to stay?

Regards, Andy.

6. OP
    OP
    osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Hey Andy,

I am the one who started this thread. I have a dive site of my own, suppose to have a cave but I left my gear in Alaska and haven't been able to explore. For sure lots of reef life. I am looking for some a used bc, weights, light body suit and a diver partner to explore. I am over between Bayawan and Basay. No dive shops here. Maybe we can figure something out and do some exploring. Let me know if you are interested.

Leon

7. Dairymoor

Dairymoor DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Leon,

Thanks for the reply. Once I have arrived and settled in I'll be back in touch and we'll figure out a way to get you kitted up and go diving.

Regards, Andy.