Dumaguete Info Search

Experiences at Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by elainedarkrock, Sep 6, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, all i can say is if the next Generation would want to live here specially my daughter, sure she can. It depends by her choice. If she's old enough to decide, I'd let her.

Let's all enjoy our stay here!!

Elaine

2. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Honestly, I even told my family and friends that it is really nice to live here. They said they would come when they can visit the beautiful City of Dumaguete :smile::smile::smile:

My best regards to ALL!!

Elaine

3. saltygunny

saltygunny DI New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Elaine,
    Thank you for your info on Dumaguete, I had just about decided that I would not like it there (I plan to move there in April 2012) with all the negative posts and replys. I am not sure why people who live there are so negative about everything.. I still live in the USA and I can tell you that the prices I see here are much cheaper than in the USA. The beaches are nicer there, and so I suppose I will learn to like the local foods with time.
    Again thank you for a great posting
    Dennis

4. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    LOL...are you really a saltygunny? Only reason I ask...back in the old Corps...it was spelled gunney...That was back when men were men, and gunney's didn't f with them...

5. lightcycler

lightcycler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice post

I live in the US. 49 years old and deep in the middle of corporate America. My wife is from Mindinao. We spent 4 days in Dumaguete 4 years ago at Monica's Beach Resort. Loved it alot but doesn't seem to rank high on the lists here I've seen. Point is it has been my dream since that time to be able to retire in Dumaguete. My wife on the other hand having spent her life strugling to survive and dealing with all the issues really is confortable here in US. Hopefully we can reach some point financially where we can split time. I think that will be the ultimate. I enjoyed your post and can see all you enjoy there. Sure there are brown outs. Things are less than perfect. But there is so much there to be happy and enjoy. Thanks again.