Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Extended use UPS/Solar Batteries?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by AlwaysRt, Jul 2, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Combination of a few things starting with duration of most common brownout I have been dealing with and convenience. For about the last year, 4 or 5 times a week we have a 5-15 minute brownout. My UPS cover me for about 10 minutes. By the time I decided it was a longer duration outage, setup, started and warmed up a generator it would be time to turn it off. Just a waste of time and inconvenient. Thus I started thinking bigger battery and adding running a fan.

So now it is a generator like you mentioned which is impractical for short duration brownouts, requires maintenance and attention to age of fuel, and is noisy vs automatic battery system, no maintenance as it charges when there is power and provides power when there is not, will not last an all day brownout like the generator but will cover 99% of the brownouts we do have.

Each system initial outlay 20k-25k with the generator requiring maintenance, oil and fuel, the battery system should be good for 5+ years before needing a new battery.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A friend in valencia bought a larger ups from cdr king on wheels,hes had it a few years now and works well. Looked on their site and cannot see it now but he says theybare still available. I think he paid around 6-7k for it.
    Also have deep cycle batterys in their but would prob need order.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  3. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK, I have also checked Octagon and have sent messages to 6 places on OLX but not CDR King yet. Can you get the Make and Model of his UPS so I can research it?

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, they are what we are looking for. Ready to go jump on the bus and bring back a couple 58 kilo batteries?

6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Much useful information and technical knowledge here on this marvellous site. My solution to the relatively brief power cuts is that I go to sleep.

7. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Loved the video but was not sure at times if he was Ali G in disguise - a quaint representation of the link between genius and stupidity. Well worth a watch.

8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Surely she prefers that to the cows. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I'm not in that much of a rush but it could be done at some point. I did not call or email to see if there is "no stock" but there is always that possibility

Edit: I wonder if we would really save anything when you consider the cost of the trip. But if a guy was going to Cebu anyway it would be worth looking at. Maybe they ship? There is a "contact us" button

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This works until a typhoon or big earthquake comes along and knocks out the electricity for 2 weeks or more. I never saw the need for a generator until just that happened. Trying to find a generator after that typhoon was difficult as I suspect many had thought the same way that I did. Mine has been very useful during the all day brownouts that happen at least once a month since I've purchased it. Might be something to consider.

• Agree Agree x 3