Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Extended use UPS/Solar Batteries?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by AlwaysRt, Jul 2, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    1st part of last year when the power was out 1 day a week I would have went straight for a generator, maybe even that LNG one. The short duration brownouts since September are perfect for a battery setup and impractical for a generator. Isn't really a single solution to cover all scenarios at this price point.

2. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    They are so dang heavy I meant it as more of a joke. I have emailed them asking in stock, models available, and price with shipping. One of the OLX places has replied several times but only getting those 'part of an answer' replies so far.

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They dont have exact model anymore but they have this and a bigger one.
    received_10156424419262995.jpeg

4. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Whewww, trigger warning - I am fixing to use a four letter curse word - this is beginning to feel like work!

But wait, someone might be onto something here, let's see...

hmmmm, the larger p10,000 unit is certainly interesting. Comes with a 100Ah battery which is what Handyman wants for a 100AH battery only. Brain is drawing a blank for CDR king other than in the mall. Is that the only one local or is there a larger store downtown like Octagon has?

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Its the only one here. You can order with them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Arghh! Okay I think I have been jinxed! Last Friday night we got that doozy of a storm which woke the dead with the first clap of thunder! Killed my Pay TV Box and power supply, blew the modem and power supply, blew my i7 Laptop and Charger, so now the count is;
    2x Desktop PC's - 2x Power Supplies - 2x LCD Monitors - 1x Laptop and Charger and thankfully Fil-Products replaced the TV Box/ Modem & Power supplies a week after the storm took them out, EXPENSIVE trip! :banghead:

So when informed that it could be months before my Laptop is repaired (also needs a new Display now!) we bought a NEW Desktop PC which has turned into MORE drama!!!! Slowly getting things worked out, I could write a book on my last weeks experiences alone! Also bought a UPS with built-in AVR for the new PC and a Server AVR for the TV. Today has been another day of constant Brown outs with the UPS busily clicking away (great for warning when an impending Black out is on the way as I am learning) followed by a Black out before! THANK GAWD for the UPS which allowed me to finish some work here before shutting down unlike the previous instant shut-downs which have dropped files from the OS meaning having to reinstall Windows over and over...

I now realise that you would have to be CRAZY TO LIVE HERE WITHOUT a reliable UPS/AVR set up! (NOT that the close to 200k php LO$S in electrical equipment over the past few years here due to the SHITTY Electricity supply has made me any the wiser) :shifty:

I think I may eventually look into getting a Generator also as it is getting beyond the joke lately with daily Black outs lasting an hour (or three plus) and the ENDLESS Brown outs! WTH is going on with the Electricity supply around here of late??? :grumpy:

7. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Your electronics will be much happier siping AVR power than acting like a drunk drinking out of a glass he either comes up short from or wears it.

Causes are everything from electricians, and people who know electricians tapping onto power lines leading to over burdened transformers etc. Property rights preventing adequate preventative maintenance, and earthquakes a couple provinces over the National Grid is having regional Power Companies send power to (until those local plants are repaired and working again)....

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yeah, catching up here and just read Dustin's post earlier regards the problems in Leyte., WISH I had known Friday as I left my Laptop on to do a download, had I known we were going to be experiencing regular Brown outs (altho I suspect it was the storm that did the main damage) I would have unplugged it as I do with the TV every night before I go to bed. Thankfully the TV survived, as I do NOT have a spare 32k to replace it with another (as I am sure the warranty is over now it is a year old...) Fingers crossed the AVR's will do their job, as the $50 AUD Surge buster Power Board I had the PC and Modem plugged into did not do a d*mn thing to protect them as per the manufacturers claims! :grumpy:

9. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Here is their response to asking about a 12v 200Ah battery and inverter/charger

"2-batteries are 100 ah each p 8000 ,Off grid inverter is 2 Kw, 24V so you will have to use 2 - 100 Ah batteries. inverter charger is p30,000 shipping to you p3000"

10. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    End of the day update. CDR King has 3 interesting inverter/chargers on their website but all 3 of the workers at CDR king in the mall said they could not order anything - did not bother asking questions about different models. Of 6 messages I sent on OLX, still only one has responded. While they have responded several times the FB page I was directed to for more info is a Filipina's personal page, lots of photos but none of electronics so I stopped responding. Emails, one referral for Solar company in Manila quoted 23k for inverter and 10k each for 100Ah batteries + shipping.

The other, Cebu Solar, quoted p30k for inverter but had good battery prices (p8k for 100Ah and p14k for 200Ah) + p3k shipping.

The last referral I have is another Solar but does more small systems. Looking at 1200w PSW (Pure Sine Wave) inverter / 10A charger for p3500 and p10200 for 12v 200Ah, deep cycle, AGM (Absorbent Glass Matt), sealed battery - still waiting for estimated shipping charge.

The only inverter/charger I found in Duma is 750 watt modified sine wave/8A for p4995 and batteries at handyman for p10k/p20k for 100Ah/200Ah sizes

• Informative Informative x 1