Dumaguete Info Search

Sibulan Best Posts in Thread: Female Student killed in Sibulan

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    All that for $300? The scum should face the death penalty.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm going to say this had to do with the girl cutting off the family funds or for money supposedly owed. Speculation of course. The guy on the right is way to fat to be a meth addict and the one on the left, I don't know if it's just me but his hands.....what's up with those meat beaters? They look....trollish. I have never seen anything like that before, looks like they were ran over by a car (perhaps how they got the confession). Either way, I know that society wants to place a blame on acts like these on something but in all honesty, these types of things have been happening way before the discovery of meth. Meth doesn't turn people into killers, these guys would have been more than willing to do the same thing with out any chemical assistance. I think it is a mental illness that caused this horrible idea to come to be (we all have thought about killing someone while we were pissed but we usually come to our senses before we act on it....I think some people lack that "common" sense). They can try to blame their mental problems on a drug but in reality they were probably screwed up well before they ever picked up that pipe (if they ever did). It is estimated that 1 out of 4 humans have some level of mental illness and there is a strong connection between addiction and mental illness. What we need to do is focus on identifying and treating people with mental illnesses if we want to start putting a dent into addiction and criminal behavior.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I take this to it's logical conclusion in that this is no less tragic than countless other tragic events around the world. I can't express condolences for each of them individually and to truly feel empathy for each of them would destroy me. It's sort of like the reason we have constrained senses, so that we don't get sensory overload from our environment.

Instead, I simply accept tragedy as part of the human condition. We all know tragedy. Some have to endure more than others. All I can do is work my path the best I can to help improve the world in my own way. Hopefully that trickles down to shine some light in the darkest places. Even then, tragedy will always be with us.

My jokes may be cheap talk, but I take action. I bust my @ss every day in pursuit of my vision and in leading whoever else will buy into that vision. I give as much as I can to those I have offered a place in my circle. Hopefully the ripple effects will reach others.

Yes, it's tragic, but we can't point out that talk is cheap without following that up with real action. Otherwise it's just cheap talk following cheap talk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Condolences and may she rest in peace. If the police did get the right suspects, good on them for solving a murder and solving it quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Then here is the Agenda! The stories at present about will Unfold. NoI I believe the Intruders were aware of who was in the house.

I would suggest it was Targeted, just under a little surveillance until new tenants move in, They had been in about 3 weeks Hmmmmmmm enough time methinks to gauge their routines. of course JMHO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    35k a month and no security guard?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Something bad is Happening around here, this is the 2nd Student hacked to death in a week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    SU student stabbed dead inside her rented house
    (The Freeman)
    | Updated November 7, 2014 - 12:00am
    CEBU, Philippines - A 25-year-old business administration student of the Silliman University was murdered, while her sister survived the attack by at least two unidentified men who forcibly entered their rented house at Barangay Poblacion of Sibulan town, Negros Oriental, a few blocks away from the police station.

The victim, Myra Abrenica Gabato, died on the spot from multiple hack and stab wounds in different parts of her body, but her sister Melanie only sustained bruises after being hogtied and mouth covered.
    Melanie however was able to free herself and call her family in Moalboal, Cebu to report the incident, after the assailants left the scene.

Initial investigations showed that, on or about 3 a.m., the attackers barged into the house by partially deforming the iron grills and, when inside, went upstairs where the sisters were sleeping.

According to the younger brother, Mark Neil, his sister Melanie called up at about 5:45 a.m. and, in a trembling voice, reported that her "Ate" Myra was stabbed dead. After a few minutes, she hang up.
    Immediately, Mark Neil informed his father Juan and the rest of the family about the incident, and called up their relatives and a certain Joselito Umbos in Piapi, who in turn informed the Sibulan Police Station.

Melanie said she did not recognize the face of the assailants because the lights were off at the time. One of the attackers held her while the other one had her sister Myra. She only heard her sister asking the assailants "Unsay inyong tuyo, ako rang ihatag," but the two men never uttered anything.

SU general counsel Myles Bejar and students' Dean Edna Calingacion immediately rushed to the scene and took custody of Melanie, who survived the attack, and brought her to the SU Medical Center.
    Bejar said Sibulan town Mayor Emmanuel Diputado had assured him, all processes will be observed and that evidences recovered will be preserved in seeking justice for the death of the SU student.

Senior Inspector Antonio Detuya, Sibulan Police chief, immediately dispatched his intelligence unit to track down the suspects but failed, except they found a white t-shirt with markings near the terminal of the multi-cabs in front of the Sibulan gymnasium.
    The t-shirt, has blood stains, apparently being soaked and washed in the sea, but the murder weapon could not be found. Several finger prints were found near the crime scene, while the room where the victim was lying on the floor was in complete disarray, especially the shelves where the victim's dresses and clothes were placed.

Scene of the Crime Operatives personnel, headed by Chief Inspector Franco de Leon, said it was possible that the assailants were looking for something, either money or documents, because the two laptops were intact, except for a Galaxy Note cellphone.

House owner, Pamela Jansen, who married a German national, owner of Seaview in Cangmating Sibulan, disclosed that the sisters moved in on 26th of October this year, after the Buglasan Festival.
    Jansen was however not sure if the CCTV cameras were still around, saying that she took out the data recorder after turning over the house to the sisters.

The victim's father, Juan, has confirmed that his daughter Myra and her fiancée, who is also a German national, rented the house at P35,000 per month for a three-year contract.
    Myra was going to marry the German national supposedly after her graduation from her studies at SU, said Juan, adding that they were even planning to buy the property.
    San Jose Rural Health Unit physician Vivian Marie Ceniza conducted the post-mortem examination, the results of which were still unavailable, as of press time. — Juancho R. Gallarde (FREEMAN)

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014