Dumaguete Info Search

Hotels & Travel Ferry to Cebu Island cost

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    There are a number of RORO ferries that operate between Negros Island and Cebu Island. The 2 closest to me are the Maayo barge at Sibulan and the other one at Tampi (a few miles up the road). The barge from Sibulan goes to Lilo-An and the barge from Tampi goes to Bato.

What I want to know is if there is any difference in cost between these or any of the other RoRo's up the coast. I am talking about the cost of a return trip for a car with 2 passengers. Anyone remember? I have paid about 1200 return Sibulan to Lilo-An when you add up the barge and the terminal tax and any extras they charge for. I want to find a cheaper ferry so I can make the trip every couple of weeks and save a peso or two.

Any significant difference in costs that people know of?

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Before Tampi, there's another RoRo shipping company (Lite ferry??) who operates between Negros and Cebu. Check it out, it will save you a few peso.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Thanks for the tip. I took a drive up there this afternoon. It is 7 minutes past the main Sibulan Port so not far. When my gf and I chatted with the attendant he said the price was 500 one way for the car, driver and one passenger plus 100 "additional charges" (It seems he meant things like port fees etc) So that is 1200 round trip same as I have been paying on Maayo. The downside was that he said the schedules were "only a guideline". If they fill up early they leave early and if they are not full at scheduled time they wait to see if more will come. :banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    AFAIK is there also a RoRo between San Carlos and Toledo. I dunno about the prices.

5. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yes, looked into that. Much longer trip and much more expensive than the short hop across from Sibulan but thanks for mentioning it.