Dumaguete Info Search

festive season noise

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by charlyB, Dec 29, 2022.

1. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    The world is getting even with me for my past. In a land far far away I was the noise making kid and enjoyed July 4 and New Years. From roman candles being shot at friends down the street (they returned fire), strings of blackcats in the mailbox just to blow open the door (and leaving the residue for the mailman).
    Started 3 grass fires (only needed fire department once).
    Having some land on neighbors roof (no damage but he wasn't happy).
    Houses under construction made great places to set off fireworks and hide from cops.
    Saving some fireworks for special days or just wanting to be mischievous.
    On the jet ski at 6:30 am when the water was smooth as glass to really get to full speed.
    Bon fires - sooooo fun----
    The longer I stay on memory lane the more there is. The difference between me and the people here is I had to do my stuff WITHOUT my parents knowing. Here it seems the "adults" are the catalyst, maturity (self awareness and sence of others) ended around the age of 15yrs old. This in turn leads to the "look at me" and I need affirmation of my value from other people. The culture is full of low self esteem (anyone ever criticized a local), prideful, and self-centered individuals who CHOOSE to stay in their ignorant bubble rather than take time for self reflecting and elevating themselves, the family and society.
    Not all, but most.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    We need a 'sympathy' type remark icon:

I give you a 'like' so am I saying I like the fact you are suffering noise disturbance?
    I give 'agree' and so am I agreeing with the tw@t?
    I give 'thanks' so am I thanking the tw@t or thanking you for being disturbed?

So something along the line of 'Sorry to hear that' would be suitable. This is the best I can find (in the 3 seconds I spent searching!):

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1