Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Fiance Job

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Bdawg, Mar 23, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My source, a Filipina in Hong Kong, said that Canada was actually one of the easier places to get. She used a service in Manila and I believe is in Canada now (I wasn't married then but am now so haven't kept in touch). The reason it is easier is wayyyy to cold and wayyy to far from the Philippines for most even though the treatment, pay, and path to citizenship is better.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I'm currently checking into it. I have a friend that was an OFW in Nova Scotia, he's from Zamboanguita. Gave me some leads as far as what services to use. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have noticed it depends on how lazy those who criticise are, most are too lazy to work and send money back themselves, so sit on their asses and complain when it does not suit them, the one who works away slaves and lives miserably to provide, then anything they may keep to provide for themselves, they are branded as selfish! The first time I heard the term; "makapal mukha" I was confused, now I understand all too well... You will also notice how the smiling faces change when you come here and stop handing out freely, it is fine to help those who need help, but I do not agree with helping those who refuse to help themselves... I can bet your GF has not told you the full story either as it is deemed very bad to talk ill about the Family here, so more than likely she will be ashamed and remain silent. All I can say is watch your back, keep your eyes open and live and learn, many times a Filipina marrying a foreigner is like a Lottery win for the family, many here seem to think that way... Being thin skinned, thick faced, insecure, jealous, immature and so on is a way of life for many, just be aware and set boundaries as others have suggested and concentrate on building a better life for you, your GF and children, you are marrying them, not the entire family.:wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Many like to go to Canada as a Caregiver, I had an ex-Fiance who I put through a College course to become a Caregiver, she moved to Manila and went to a 'good' College where they offered courses, a 6 month course eventually developed into a 2 year course where as far as I know to this day she still has not received her Certificate even after having to do extra courses to improve her English and 'Volunteer' (more like forced labour!) working in Public and Private "Old People Homes" to gain experience, MANY times she approached the Dean asking for her Certificate and was told it was being processed... IF you plan on going this route to improve your GF's employment opportunities then I advise you look very deep into where she will go including the hidden fees and charges that go hand in hand with many of these BS Colleges...

Strangely; she always kept me updated with pictures of her and her groupd or Dorm mate friends, and when working in the Private Homes conditions were TERRIBLE! Like; 5 to a room on a bamboo bed, soak in urine and shyte! No aircon, filthy conditions, sad Sad SAD! The people were praying to die!
    Yet; when she worked in the Government funded Home, it was clean, the people smiling and happy, they had different things to do to keep them entertained and happy, they were fed three times a day and I could not get over the difference between the Public and Private Homes!

Most who will do a course rarely end up working in their chosen field, her very close friend spent years (and her Canada based Aunt spent a fortune!) to finish her Nursing course, to this day she has been unable to find employment and has given up and become a stay at home Mum while her Husband works OFW...

Very few will escape the poverty cycle here, a very sad fact of life I am afraid to say.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds like she's retelling my story lol! Yup, I'm also the youngest in the family and just imagine 20 years of that experience. I finally started to "live my life" since ten years ago. I do still send stuff and visit them from time to time but here's the funny part, my boyfriend and I decided to give ourselves a time off from that routine so we're spending our holiday now in Bohol instead. They are sulking!? LOL

• Like Like x 3
  6. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Why don;t you apply for a fiance visa for her? i'm pretty sure you divorce does not have to be recognized in the phils for a finace visa to the US, it just has to be a legal divorce in the US. The person who could verify this for you is forum member shadow, but he hasn'ty posted in a while. This is his website;

www.pinayvisa.com

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Lol, my ex's family has unfriended me on Facebook, put a barang on me and still they ask me for money.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I wanted to do that, but I was afraid that if I applied for a fiance visa, that it would somehow become known during the process that I had previously been married in the Philippines, and then I would have to go through the process of having my divorce decree recognized in the Philippines anyway. Do you know if that process only applies depending on whether we marry there or not? Thanks for your response.

9. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    I'm quite certain that US embassy only cares that you (US citizen) are legally divorced in teh US, not what phils NSO thingks about it. If you wife had been previously married that would be a differnet story. At least that was teh case for my wife's visa several years ago. Larry (shadow) was a big help, he would be the one to ask.

He got my wifes visa in under two months, everyone else was telling me it would take 1-2 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. OP
    OP
    Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Wow! Thanks! That's actually great news! I thought I was going to have to go through that whole thing with lawyers, recognition of divorce decree, etc... I know how to file everything and have done it all before, perfectly. The only additional thing is: She has 3 children, she wasn't technically married, and she still has custody of their children though they live with her parents. I wonder how that's all going to play out as far as eventually bringing them to the states, (if that's possible)? But it's an idea to have someone handle the details of the visa from the Philippine end. I would say that the most waste and time & money from my last experience was from my ex doing some things wrong on her end. One thing my fiancé may have in her favor is having been an OFW, she knows part of the process of paperwork from the Philippines end of things to go to another country. Some of the same places they go for for the OFW, they also go for immigration process. Thanks again for your input though. That will save me a lot of headache and shorten the time table.

• Like Like x 1