Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Fiance Job

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Bdawg, Mar 23, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That is the BIG question, refer back to Larry (mentioned in previous post) for the most accurate answer. (I don't know how to link a member in a post or I would so he would see your question)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I find it so very sad of what is expected of some family members here, SO MANY TIMES in a very short recent time we have experienced this kind of behaviour from relatives, I TRULY UNDERSTAND CRAB MENTALITY NOW! VERY SAD! No matter HOW MUCH my Wife gives the Crabs are there to stick her in the back, but now I have put my foot down and made it clear that all those able to stand on their own two feet can find a job and fend for themselves or GO TO HELL! Enough is enough!

You have made the right decision, live YOUR life and let them live their own!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Fortunately, my kid grew up properly and finished college unlike most of her cousins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I find it very admirable how kids here in the Philippines TRY SO HARD to gain an education unlike in the West. I wish kids in the West valued education as much as many here do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You might wonder why when she was brought up by the kind of people we're talking about. Whenever we had a chance to talk which we rarely did because there was no internet at that time, I was always telling her to go out and make lots of friends.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My Wife has a GREAT circle of 'Mama friends' from the school where our daughter attends, I am always telling her to spend more time with them, as I tell her; "you CAN choose your friends, but not your relatives" and to keep her sane, she NEEDS GOOD FRIENDS!

I was lucky because my wife worked at an internet Cafe, so she had access to the internet 12 hours every day, so we got to 'talk' for most part of the day when she was not dealing with customers.

Over many years of talking online to others from around the world, the one thing I discovered was the 'Class system' which I never experienced in Australia, the fact that many Filipino look down on other Filipinos I found to be sad, especially those from the City with their take on those from the Province. MANY times 'young hopefuls' tried to talk me out of talking to my wife to be, because she was a 'dirt poor province girl'... I found that 'Class comparison' to be next to bad as Racism! SO MANY of these so called 'Educated Girls from the City' were so ignorant! Often on their profiles they listed as their Hobbies; "eating and watching TV"... In the beginning I laughed, not taking it seriously, but eventually found that many of these girls who were being put through College by hard working parents only wanted OUT of the Philippines, they did NOT Want to work! It turned out that "eating and watching TV" was HIGH on their list of wants!

Speaking to the girls from the provinces, most were working VERY HARD to escape their life there by Studying HARD so that they could find a good job, unlike those in the City who (the majority) had it all, but did not want any part of it. In the end, I chose "My Province Girl" because she is a hard worker who knows the true value of something she never had the chance to take for granted. I now live with her 'dirt poor' family here and for the most, they are the most genuine hard working honest people I have ever met in my life. (Mind you a few of the siblings could do with a good kick in the rear end to reign in their expectations! :wink: hehe)

Now; our daughter (in my opinion) is growing up with a 'privileged attitude' and I fear for her future regards education as she does not have the same outlook as her mother who struggled each and every day of her life to try and gain an education. I could throw the best Private School at her and I feel it will be wasted, as the 'drive' just is not there to succeed in life. I raised 6 kids back in Oz (the eldest is 34 the youngest 24) and I find, as a parent; I still do not have all the answers... :unsure:
    Can only hope for the best, as I tell her; it is her future and what she makes of it will be by her own doing as I will not be here forever to lead the way for her. :wink:

• Like Like x 5
  7. OP
    OP
    Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thanks for all of the replies. I really appreciate all of the advice. I'm going to apply for a fiance visa after I visit. That may be more difficult now than before. My ex suffered a brain bleed due to her moyamoya disease and had a stroke, they took over 600 cc of blood clot from her brain and stopped the bleeding.
    So, no one to watch the kids at this point. This happened only a week after giving birth to her daughter. It's really tragic, and I feel sorry for her, the fiancé, and the baby. She's on the road to recovery now. I still want to go to the Philippines to be with my girl, but it's kind of up in the air now, and my finances are getting stretched by unexpected expenses.
    So, my fiancé wants to go home to Dumaguete to be with her kids. She was recently betrayed by a friend/ roommate and doesn't want to remain in Manila, but still needs a job. She's hoping to find something in the Dumaguete area. If anyone has a lead on something for a licensed Security officer or experienced domestic helper, or any job that she may be able to train into. Her English is really good. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.

• Informative Informative x 1