Dumaguete Info Search

Fighting foreigners

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by DavyL200, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Mike Alano

Mike Alano DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    It would have been better if it was just "that foreigner". My private inbox says otherwise dude. The buck just stops at it being funny and I wont reply to PMs to prevent fanning a flame to a post that should just be hilarious and nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    It is not always great to make fun at the expense of others.

Glad to see no one got real hurt in this dance.

I am sure there are expats (and locals too) here, though old in age, might have real fighting training and experience in their days of youth.

Live peacefully guys, and be happy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike Alano

Mike Alano DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    The video also highlighted the importance of strangers to break up fights for everyone to move on. That is why the description of my video is about the guy breaking up the fight instead of the issue why they fought in the first place which i can only speculate.

Yeah, be happy. It's all good, they just happened to be foreigners and it's making good guys like you feel uneasy. Don't worry a lot of Filipinos still look up to most of you in high regard. I have expat friends for as long as i can remember here in Dumaguete and they still remain good friends to this day.

• Like Like x 3
  4. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    If the guy who brokeup that "fight" is Jun Dato as featured in a video posted on Facebook
    On Facebook, it said that it was Jun Dato who brokeup that fight. If he is the Jun Dato who was a neighbor of one of our members here who had an accident over at Dauin years ago, then I know Jun to be a good man. He did the right thing.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Mike, I feel happy I know you, and pls. don't care about some peoples messages on fb. The video is recorded in public space and 100 % legal. I have still pain in my stomach of laughing, funny guys. Its not about its foreigner, filippino or what ever, its 2 individuals, who act stupid in public space, maybe they will think about their behavior in future, ooohh waite, anyone knows when second rounds start, lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hey now!

I resemble that remark -- and even I can do better than that!

Seriously, I'm glad these two did go off to their seperate ways.

And Kudos to the fellow who stepped in, too.

nwlivewire

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Bet they were at the "Foreigners Embassy" for breakfast again this morning telling each other You were lucky Yesterday, If my Arm was better I would have had You HUH! Stuff and Nonsense :roflmao: I have seen better scraps up here in Junob between 8 year olds. But Hold On, they were "Special Forces" Withholding fatal Blows Yeah? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is when the person/people were acting like fools. Stupidity should be laughed at and shamed. When we accept this behavior as normal people will start to think it is alright.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Looks like they got the attention the deserved!
    image.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol If I were either of them I might start to consider sneaking off to another city for a month or two for a little vacation. Seems the media doesn't have much going at the moment and I wouldn't have any interest in their cameras being pointed at me....especially for something like this.

• Agree Agree x 3