Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Fil Products, Globe or ??

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by davewe, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Recently watched all the Sean Connery James Bond movies, Cool Hand Luke..all Breaking Bad and ..Sopranos seasons, original Outer Limits, all the original Twilight Zone. Every Clint Eastwood western, Have Gun Will Travel....so much more.

2. Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The 1st TV show for Route 66 was filmed in Biloxi, Mississippi. Hwy 90...then they drove down the Old Spanish Trail road toward New Orleans.

The series Rome is great too....also all 7+ Doc Martin seasons.

3. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    And that's through a good connection with Pldt Fibre at your home in Balugo?

4. Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    With PLDT Fiber I can connect to any Fiber server in the Philippines using an Apple TV app...

I’m located in Mangnao.

Using VPN Express.and Apple TV..my PLDT router can be changed manually to make the ISP in the USA. When there’s a brownout,,,I have to reset the settings on Apple TV.

I cannot imagine all the movies and TV shows available.

5. Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I have two PLDT Fiber connections, paying for one. There’s been no complications or connection problems with PLDT Fiber. I did sign up with PLDT ROKU but.seldom use it. There’s 5 devices currently connected to the WIFI...no lagging.

6. Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    There’s a speed App in the Apple store...it’s free...that’s how I can see all the servers in the Philippines. With VPN Express I can connect to the servers in the US...or other countries. VPN Express costs $12 a month.

7. IggyPop

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    Ah sorry I asked the wrong person. Fellow Traveler was the one I was meant to ask with he/she being in a distanced area.

8. Fellow Traveler

Fellow Traveler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Update on Fil-Products here in Balugo: the past several months service has been pretty bad. And it is not just the connection outside the Philippines - I regularly check speed with Fast.com (which seems to show connection speed to the greater internet) and Speedtest.net, where you can choose a local server and see how fast your provider is within the Philippines. Sometimes there is a huge difference - indicating it is the route into the country via the submarine cables - but this COULD still be a problem of your provider simply not buying enough access. But often both are very slow, indicating the problem is with Fil-net. For about a week now, despite paying for "up to 8 mbps", I can not watch a netflix movie in HD - connection, with nothing else running, is so slow it's like watching online was 15 years ago! Then it go so I could not even connect to Netflix most of the weekend, and even now for some reason my TV won't connect (although it does OK with Youtube). Basically, I'm done with Fil-Products. Today I have connection interruptions every couple of minutes and can do very little with internet. Fast.com would could not even connect!!

Over the past month or two, I've routinely had periods where my "up to 8 mbps" was 3 mbps, 1 mbps, or even slower. It seems worse now than when I started with Fil-Products just 6 months ago. Perhaps this means they are selling service faster than they are adding capability - like Globe generally does.

Basically, I've had enough. I visited PLDT today and they said they now have availability in my area. So I expect to be switching to PLDT within the month if this proves true. For the same price as Fil-Products 8 mbps, I get 25 mbps. Instead of cable, I get a phone line (don't need either). I will no doubt have to pay to get out of my Fil-Products contract, and pay some connection fees with PLDT, but it will be worth it if they are as reliable as they were for me in the past in a different location, and as other report now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. IggyPop

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    I'm also in balugo but I decided to go with Airlink instead of PLDT. We should compare once we're both up and running.