Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Fil Products Payment

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Rye83, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wasn't talking about foreigners, I was talking about the local populace that at the current moment is mostly unemployed.

2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    not to forget, saving money for the future is a totally unheard of concept here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I suspect that most people who can afford the internet service would likely be the type to put aside the money for the next bill collection if they could not handle a large payment. They probably will not be able to accept no internet connection. But I know what you mean and I suspect Fil products will not tolerate non payment for very long since they must pay for the bandwidth used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    But he said the online service at 7-11 wasn’t working. I was not aware that Palawan or other places accepted fil products but my PNB Branch did before ECQ. The big problem for me is paying the Dumaguete water bill. (We live in DGTE boundary and use Dumaguete water). They demanded payment when I texted them even though I cannot get there being >65. They suggested I send our helper. Really helpful if we had one! No other suggestions from them. Fortunately I was able to pay a young person who did work for us before, P1K to pay the bill for me before GCQ turned into ECQ. Can’t get a Q pass. I married a Filipina my age 35 years ago so no young bride to do these things for me lol and helper went home. We are in a small forgotten niche and basically screwed.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The 7 Eleven mobile app came back online today. I'll run down there tomorrow to figure out how to finish the transaction. I'm not exactly sure how much to pay. Never received a bill and I can't remember how much the 8Mb plan was per month, maybe P1.8k/month?

6. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I haven’t received a bill either and I guess I will hold off trying to pay until I receive one. According to their cable tv channel, the last I could see is that their offices were closed and they only have a skeleton crew to service any outages. I am thinking they won’t cut off our fiber internet and cable until after the grace period expires for the new billing date. Our cable tv plus 10Mb internet is around P2500 per month.

7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    A bit off topic. Sorry about that.
    Does your 10Mb internet work reliably?
    The TV channels, does it have EPG (electronic program guide) or can you setup favorite channels? I haven't had philproducts for a year. The favorites feature didn't work.
    I have globe LTE and cignal satellite which are becoming annoying and expensive.

8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I pay 2899 for Fil products tv and 15 mb fiber internet, for the most part it is okay as tv works well but no Hi Def in my area and I am a tv and movie downloader and usually get 1.5 to 1.8 MB ps which is doable and Netflix works pretty good.... missing my PLDT 50 mbps though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Yes, our fiber 10m internet has been very reliable. As for their cable, we don’t use it that much and never tried to set up any favorites. We just go the US and Phils news channels for the mist part. I have no complaints. I do wonder why “fiber” has only 10M, or more to the point, why they bother using fiber when they can only support 10M (which is meant to support much higher speeds). I know why they cannot provide high speeds here.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    they deploy fiber now because they can still use that in the future, when, after upgrading the rest of their network, they can offer their clients more bandwidth.

• Winner Winner x 1