Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Fil Products

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by danbandanna, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Is it possible to get one provider's signal through another provider's antenna (I'm a technical dumb-@ss). I had PLDT pre-paid at first but the signal was so bad it barely worked. Switched to Airlink, with the mast that has to have an aircraft warning light on the top as it's so high. Airlink are very expensive - the mast cost P8,000 upfront and P3,500 per month for a decent speed set-up.

Could I try a PLDT pre-paid modem plugged into the Airlink cable? Would that work? No longer have the PLDT modem to try as sold it. My 4 month initial subscription period with Airlink expires soon, so looking for cheaper alternatives, although Airlink has been pretty reliable. At the time, PLDT had no fibre vacancies in the area and Phil Product don't cover our area.

2. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    I've noticed that the Forum software seems to have automatically changed my reference to 'a*s' to 'bottom', which is interesting. However, bottom is spelt 'ar*e'. Is there an issue with referring to donkey-like animals here?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I bought the modem from Globe. I use the small modem indoors.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    ISPs tend to lock their hardware. Unlikely you would be able to unlock it without some advanced knowledge and experience on the hardware.