Dumaguete Info Search

Fin!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Nice job, I guess it will take time to get everything sorted but I have just one thing to add at this time, There doesn't seem to be a return to top button, If there is I can't see it.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Same here Tony, The likes don't seem to be registering either, but it is still very early days.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Magandang umaga Jack, I don't see a return to top either and the like is not automatic. Page has to be refreshed or if you click it a 2nd time, it will give you an error message and then it appears as a #1

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    [​IMG]Wrye, I know it is only day One but many of us have plenty of time to sit and play, With a Full time job there and a new Admin to sort out, I was sat here wondering if there is anyway we can help,
    We have for years got used to the old DI Forum and we have all got used to what we can and can't do. many things we were used to have gone and I daresay you will get many things asked of you.
    My Question is, How would you like us to report our Little niggles or request to you, as a group here on this Thread or each Make a list and send it to you separately? I can imagen how much time it will take you to go through all the daily posts and as always some may get overlooked.

Just a thought to ease the Time demand on you at this juncture. [​IMG]

Thoughts my friends.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My apologies on that. I did try to give fair warning on the old forum that anything would be lost after 21Sep14. You guys kept posting though :wink:. The databases were backed up prior to installing the new software. It, literally, took 2 days to install and I was one of the lucky ones. If I hadn't had some help (read: someone else did it for me) it would have taken much, much longer. I challenge you to Google vBulletin 5 install and find a single good thing said about the process. You won't find any. You won't really find anyone who runs the software (other than vbulletin staff, that have anything good to say about the software in general. Users like it because it's pretty, Admin hates it because the behind the scenes is confusing and hard to manage. Things just aren't where they are logically supposed to be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is a report button. It's called "Flag" now and it has a little flag next to it (at least that makes some sense). I'm not sure where it will show up in the admin section now because they have moved that function. (I'm thinking it will show up in the "Messages" up top.....but again, that would be logical and that's probably not how it will go.) As time goes on and the forum grows I will surely look to you guys to be moderators. Right now I have no problem keeping up with the posts that are made here.

I have some Afghans to go take care of this morning (maybe....you think Filipino time is bad.....try Afghan time). I'll try to get everything sorted and questions answered this after...along with learning how to get all the advertisers (and my adsense) back up on the site. As well as the link to the main site linked to the forum up top.

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    BTW: whoever asked about the "Back To Top" button....yeah, I don't see it either.....but, if you look on your keyboard there is a button called "pg up", hit that a couple times and you'll be back up to the top in no time. There is also a button called "home" that you can push and it will take you directly to the top as well (so long as you aren't writing text in the post field). :wink:

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    No Sorry, I guess we have crossed Wires, What I mean is telling you about the things we as members find confusing about the new set up, the Hiccups like just now, sometimes the Spell check Works and others it goes to cut and paste inquiry.

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It shows your join date as August 2008 to me.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Same here it shows the right date Feb 2010 for me but if you click "who is on line" it shows September 2014