Dumaguete Info Search

Finding Local Information Covid or Otherwise for Expats

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by shakey, Sep 5, 2021.

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Many of us haven't really made up our minds on getting vaccinated or not and need to find out more on what's available. This not only applies to covid or information obtained from your local City Hall but the telephone numbers for your barangay and city health unit.

One thing that got me thinking was this Mississippi public service announcement.

To view the video you need to be logged in to facebook and unmute the sound.

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=100009896207354&attachment_id=185766926958501&message_id=mid.$cAABa9V5WY_qB5oGwil7tTu7DQEZ1

The Governors office or your local police can give you the City Hall number.

The City Hall can give you the Barangay Hall number and the RHU telephone number for all that pertain to covid, ie kinds of vaccines available if you are looking for a particular one, sign you up and give you the vaccination locations. If the brand you are waiting is not here they will call, SMS or email you.

Those 60 or older with conditions require no paperwork other than a photo ID. Those assisting you are eligible to be vaccinated also.

Hopes this answers questions for those hesitant like me.

Sibulan City Hall 523 6004
    RHU for Sibulan 419 7220
    Maslog Barangay Hall 09350894168

I can't always read my own writing so you can check them with the Sibulan City Hall.

shakey

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Can I ask a source for that last bit? And what would qualify as "assisting"?

I got vaccinated a while ago, and so has my asawa, but there's two more family members who are too young to qualify, and can't claim a comorbidity either. Are you suggesting they can get vaccinated ahead of their age group?

3. OP
    OP
    shakey

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Follow the directions of the local RHU. Call them with your specific questions and share their answers with us. Thanks.

shakey

4. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The link doesn't seem to work for me. Tried it twice. My wife just went down to RHU and the barangay.

5. OP
    OP
    shakey

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    To view the video you need to be logged in to facebook and unmute the sound.

shaky

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  6. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    M
    FB comes up blank. I'm logged into FB and sound is on. Is it in a group?

7. OP
    OP
    shakey

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    At this point I am still not vaccinated and (if I do get the jab) I would prefer the> Maderna. Does any Member know where that may or may not be possible in the Negros Oriental area. I turn 60 within a few months and my Wifey is on me to get the jab. She got the Sinovac 1st dose and I have no interest in Sinovac. Thank you to the Member that can find this out. Cheers! And remember........ "There's more Flip-Flops in the Philippines!)

9. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think that everywhere where they do vaccinations on appointment/schedule base, like in Dumaguete, you don't get to choose the vaccine, so there's no way to ascertain you'll get a certain brand vaccine in this city.
    In places where they allow "walk in" vaccinations, like in Pamplona, you can possibly get vaccinated with your choice of vaccine, if you can find out what they have available at the moment. Last week Pamplona was using the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine (similar to the Moderna one).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    My family received vaccinations in Basay. Prior to getting the vaccine, you talk to a doctor about any special situation, such as foreign travel (many foreign countries will not accept the Chinese vaccines if the vaccine is a condition of entry), then queue you up for either the Chinese stuff or J&J. My mother-in-law is going to the vaccination site tomorrow to inquire if there are any special conditions, but as far as she knows, they are taking just about anyone because they are unable to use all of their doses.

• Agree Agree x 1