Dumaguete Info Search

first time to travel abroad

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by superman, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superman

superman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it's my first time to travel abroad (USA) and have an immigrant visa. is it ok to take a flight in cebu or i need to originate in manila? planning on cebu since it's alot nearer than manila

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Alot nearer to what? Dumaguete? Flying to Dumaguete from either city is cheap. I would choose the cheaper city to fly into from where you are at right now. I have never flown into Cebu from abroad but because Cebu has an international airport, it can service international flights with all the fixins... including customs.

Here is a list which includes international airports.

List of airports in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Cathay Pacific flies into Cebu and that's my preferred entry to the country. I haven't flown into Manila in a long time, but unless it is tremendously improved I would use Cebu even if it's a couple bucks more expensive.

4. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    WOW! Never traveled abroad and never traveled to the Philippines and your coming with an immigrant visa. I really hope it lives up to your expectations. Good luck and welcome when you get here.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I think he means he is going to the U.S. flying out of Cebu and not vice versa.

6. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Reread his post and think your correct. I would still recommend Cebu for departure. In the last few years my 2 daughters emigrated to the States and they both had hassles at departure. At least the one who departed through Cebu was on familiar territory. My daughter who departed Manila was on her own and she finally worked it out but with 2 hours of anxious international calls.

7. wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sir,

It depends on your destination, maybe there would be no flights avail from cebu to youre desired destination. Check first the availability of the airline flight sched either from cebu or manila.If there is a possibility that youre coming from cebu to your destination, the better but if not you got no choice but to fly from manila. Goodluck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.