Dumaguete Info Search

Fishing near Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by george, Apr 7, 2018.

1. joedover

joedover DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi there.
    I found your post very interesting and read a few others of yours.
    I'm new here and finding it difficult to get a decent days angling. I'm based in Moalboal. I've been out in a local banca and had a few small Lapu Lapu.
    If I could only find some like minded Fisher friends with the same zest for angling, I'd be willing to travel and overnight if need be to fulfil my fishing fix.
    Thanks.... Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm always open mined to meet new people and share our interest in fishing with rod and reel. It can be hard to gain any info about fishing in the Philippines. there are some interest groups on Facebook. Silver Jack Anglers Club, Dumaguete Fishing Adiks, Jigging Enthusiast and Filipino Anglers to name a few. It's a huge topic but like you, catch some Lapu Lapu can't get my p*ss boiling. I try to catch tuna, dorado, barracuda, snapper, marlin if lucky haha. You need a boat, I have a small banka and sometimes pay a fisherman to bring me out, not cheap they know you can afford it lol. I gain some contacts and have no problem with giving them on to you, but some of them I have not been out with yet. Siaton, Santa Catalina, Sipalay is places where I can go out with local fishermen. Just now wind direction is bad and most days waves are too big for my small boat, 15 feet, but from Feb until June is high season. I'm not sure you can send a pm as a new member but I will send you a pm and see if we can get connected in one way or another. I have a friend who lives in Moalboal area, visit there from time to time, he is also interested in fishing, but he is still working so limit time for fishing, but he's a professional and has a boat too

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Good morning,

fishing with boat and going offshore to catch tuna and stuff like that would be without any doubt thrilling.
    But it requires lots of logistics.

I am wondering whether there are spots in southern Negros at lakes or rivers where you can go fishing ?

For me fishing is relaxing and enjoying nature. Hence I am fine to water my line at nice and quiet place at a lake or river, have a few beers and maybe bbq.

Anybody knows places like that.

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You could try highland resort just before mabinay for snakeheads or there are a few lakes in the hills above dauin and zambongita.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Thank you, Davy.

Will give it a try and let you know whether it worked out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As Davyl say, Highland In resort before Mabinay is a nice place to catch snakeheads. The only downside is the mosquito and resort is, sorry to say not maintained, so if I want to stay overnight in Mabinay best find another place. Mabinay Spring is nice, you can google it. I like river fishing to but don't find any river here with water or fish, I know there are some but not worth the effort to find those "rivers". You can hire a local fisherman to go out with you, but it helps if you have a fishfinder and an idea what area you want to go fishing. Few hundreds meter from coastline you can go trolling all the coast up and down north and south Dumaguete. Jigging is the way to catch the big fish, but also live bait and trolling Rapala wobbler is good

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Thank you, @Liverpoolfan :cat:
    Appreciated.

Do they rent out equipment at Highland In Resort ?
    Or you have to bring your own stuff ?

8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    LOL, you should consider yourself lucky if they have utensils to eat with in the resto at highland resort.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    tiphat:
    Thank you.
    Will try to buy some stuff.

Any idea where to find fishing gear in Duma ?

10. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There was a shop in Dumaguete name was Optimas who sold fish gear, it's closed now, I buy online. No rental in Highland In for fishing gear, remember to bring mosquito fuuk off. Spinnerbait in dark color works well