Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Food Here

1. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +324 / 31
    I am also quite fussy about eating and struggle to eat to full at most local celebration meals. Cold spaghetti, cold, fatty meat on the bone and cold rice are not my favourites. Also not that fond of lechon, although it's better eaten the following day if you get a take home (which is normal). I really liked hog-roasts at home too, so I'm struggling to understand how they make a piece of pork so unappetizing (sic) here.

I'm very fortunate that my wife knows my tastes/likes/dislikes and is very good at adapting local recipes and cooking up western style meals and also curries. Our son, who is now a teenager, is getting a bit hormonal though, and he refers to the adapted local meals as 'whitewashed'. No doubt he got that from his mates at school.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    I am admittedly a very picky eater. I don't eat most filipino food or lechon and the beef is too hard to chew, hard to find good pork chops I can chew (I still have all my teeth). I don't go out to eat because of my condition, so my meals are at home. So I have narrowed my options primarily to salmon (from Belcris), roasted whole chicken with potatoes and carrots, (takes a lot of propane for two hours cooking), yellow chicken curry, or grilled chicken, or breaded fish. For lunch canned soup or beans or canned chili, an occasional tuna sandwich, or a once a month take out pizza. So eating is not something I look forward to, like it was elsewhere. Breakfast is my favorite meal and daily oatmeal, yogurt, papaya, juice, water.
    Any other fussy eaters out there?

• Like Like x 2