Dumaguete Info Search

Food Prices here

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by alesypalsy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek: Well that is cheap enough, even with some ground Pork or a bit of Chicken, it won't cost you an

[​IMG]

Only western style eating will really cost. :whistling:

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    About the same as the uk then. Only things cheaper are ciggys, booze and fuel! If you want eat local food it's cheaper bit on your head be it :smile:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I guess you mean Street or Local Resto ( Karinderia ) cooked Davy, I mean if you shop around a bit you can get some pretty good Local produce, Meat and Fish at a Good Price, Mind you have to get up early or send her in Doors out Early, to get the best. I had the same in Spain, shop after 8 am and you get the proverbial, Go after 4 pm you can buy real cheap but as you say "On Your Head be it." But of course if it is, Them that buy it would be " Yes My Dear but it only cost xyz peso" :eek: I'll have an egg Thank you.:wink:

JP:bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We buy fish straight from the fisher men. In the morning we go to the beach 1 minute walk, This morning the price of fish was 80 pesos per Kilo.
    can't buy fish that fresh and cheap in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What kind of fish? There is very little in the Philippines food wise that is cheaper than in the US. (Anything I have found cheaper has been at a much lower quality.....it really is next to impossible for them to compete with prices due to the scale at which the US produces food.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Sardines :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've never even seen a sardine that didn't come in a tin. I guess I'll give the Philippines that one. :wink:

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Actually, Sardines can come quite Big, of course the ones in a Tin are of the small variety,

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You ain't lived if you ain't tried sardines in Spain grilled over a wood fire :smile: They buy them here, gut them boil them in vinegar with leaves and other stuff with their heads still on. This is good stuff so I'm told, (not) I tried it once.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wife informs me fish in question. TULINGAN. Looks like small tuna. UK and EEC get ripped off big time.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424084257,1424084067][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Not sardines Dave, (Tulingan)