Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Foodpanda is taking Dumaguete by storm

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Glendazumba, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I have noticed that take-outs (I haven't had home delivery, but it could be the same issue) are often rather smaller than when buying it at the restaurant to eat in (odd situation here generally that no discount for take-out but instead an extra charge for the box) - so now we buy the food for eating in and then take it out.

Anyone any experience of smaller portion size with home delivery?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Understand what you say and agree with your reservations, but might this service be a lifeline for those stuck at home in the next few weeks and a lifeline for the restaurants that will otherwise fold? After everything is back to 'normal' (used that word loosely) then we can take note of the issues you raised and go back to supporting the restaurants in the way that best enables them to recover some of their losses, i.e. eat in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Yeah, that's something I also thought about. I agree that in the current situation, it may help restaurants without their own delivery service to stay in business.

Actually their timing to launch here in Dumaguete was so good, its like they knew what would be happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Your beliefs are irrelevant to reality. They get 30% from the business. What you believe doesn't change that. As for the crime reduction... correlation does not imply causation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Agree. It's good to know we have this service available to us. I wonder, in time, if Robinson's or Lee Plaza grocery will have direct delivery service (or have it already?).

• Like Like x 1