Dumaguete Info Search

For the anti vaxers and vaxers

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by cabb, May 21, 2021.

1. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I agree to an extent. A weak force or stronger glancing force could alter the message given to the knitting machine, but if you limit the replications, you still cut the odds. The vaccine itself isn't doing this that I can see. Now we should remain open to their being some way, but Geert talks as if it's a fact and proceeds from there. Articulate a mechanism please, some type of messaging that causes the presence of a vaccine to alter the replication directly or increase the odds of it happening. Covid isn't alive and has to hijack the replicating system in the cell to reproduce, and as it buds off takes part of the cell wall with it to complete itself.
    The theories behind higher organisms, ping pong effect in STDs, not fully completing your medical dose, indiscriminate use of antibiotics, etc., don't seem to apply to Covid. If ********** and Hudroxychoroquine work, they should already be producing variants under Geert's ideas. Hey - let's blame them. :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    Yes you could, and bl***y expensive too. £1750 for government accommodation, plus food, plus the requisite testing. I'll just stay here and hide in the hills

• Like Like x 3
  4. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I operate under the old principle that you have to get while the getting is good. Returning to the US is going to an epicenter still, expensive, and higher chances of getting the virus in transit too. Staying put in a low population density area with not that many case and taking the offered jab makes sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  5. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I find it wonderful that you have that option. Here in Kuwait, their citizens are not allowed to exit the country without being vaccinated, but can return, even without a vaccine. Expats are allowed to leave, but cannot return or enter the country for the foreseeable future, indefinite by their government's wording.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I agree. I only questioned what you said because you used the word 'always' - and twice! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I'm with you there! Can we become hillbilly-buddies? But no inter-breeding please.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Brought back the memories of the experiments they did irradiating plants and seeds. :smile: And all the subsequent discussion about how we evolved.

9. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The Chinese vaccines may require a third shot and only be effective for 6 months. They are not as effective as the mRNA vaccines.

The Washington Post reported that Chinese health professionals have admitted that the vaccines’ protection may not go beyond six months. In addition, people who have a higher risk of catching the deadly disease might need to get the third jab.

Head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention George Gao last month said the efficacy of Chinese vaccines is “not high.”

He added that Beijing was “formally considering” possibilities to “solve the problem that the efficacy of the existing vaccines is not high,” including changing or increasing individual doses.

China has since censored Gao’s remarks, writing them off as “hyped up.”

Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines are easier to make compared to others as they contain inactivated coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. One disadvantage is that the protection they provide is weaker compared to mRNA-based vaccines such as Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna which mainly target the spike protein, COVID-19’s key element.

A trial data coming from Brazil stated that the Sinovac vaccine only has an efficacy rate of 50 percent, while Sinopharm claims its product goes up to 79 percent but full data have yet to be shown to the public.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/othe...as-health-experts-admit/ar-AAKpRZ0?li=BBr8Mkn

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    OK Ellie May

• Thanks Thanks x 1