Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner and 5 locals missing on fishing trip

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by barryrio, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Throw that @ sign in front of username and it will shoot them your post an email to get their attention. I think he is busy fighting the fight for foreigner's right to own property at the moment. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    UPDATE:From my Fb news feed, they found the decomposing body of the american and his filipina gf tied with rope on the boat in Balabac,Palawan(south).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    blueskies, is that from a family member on FB or is that from a news Source, it seems there is a lot of family confusion on this, much mud slinging and then total nothing till this

I like Wrye have seen nothing from official Sources.

JP:bag:

4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    by:Judy Flores Partlow

From Siaton, Negros Oriental on February 13 and later found in Balabac, Palawan on February 28. What had really happened to the 28-footer motor banca carrying an American, his Filipina girlfriend and four other Filipinos? Now, the American and the girl have been buried in Barangay Mangsee in Balabac over the weekend after their decomposing were found. How about the other four men? Where are they? What has happened to them????

[​IMG]

10451685_10153070063540432_462094460900582206_n.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    blueskies Thank You for this.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    If that report is true,I wonder how long it took and why they ended up there and with only a small engine. It was supposed to be a day trip fishing for tuna!
    Something don't add up on this story!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They had plenty of help getting there from mother nature. You have both the wind and the currents trying to force you to go that direction. Engine or not they would have gotten there eventually. Nobody will ever know what really happened and I'm not sure I believe the FB reports just yet. (I thought I read elsewhere that the one found in Palawan was verified to be the bodies of someone else.)

Is this verifiable though any news agencies?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Now there lies the real Story, what was the intent to begin with? Now 4 still missing one has to sit and Wonder! but knowing how many brag and can't keep quiet, it may well come out one day :cautious:

JP:bag: :sneaky:

9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    After just speaking with the news reporter mentioned above, the report was verified by the pnp and coastguard but I still have doubts.
    The u.s embassy has asked the police to investigate the matter also for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't know what I would do on a boat, delusional from being severely dehydrated and hungry, with 4 dead bodies. I doubt they all died at the same time and extreme hunger and dehydration can make people a bit crazy. Survival kicks in and all the niceties we have built in our society goes out the window. I'd be one paranoid guy if I were on a boat with 4-5 starving people who were all speaking a different language. To ensure my survival I can't say that I wouldn't have thrown a few overboard if it started to look like I would be the first one on the menu. Not saying that's what happened, but there are reasons for some of the party to be missing.

• Agree Agree x 3