Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner and 5 locals missing on fishing trip

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by barryrio, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think we can figure it out with the evidence that is already present.

Expat went out fishing with girlfriend and "experienced" fishermen of gf's relation. They took absolutely no safety equipment (paddles have not even been mentioned) and over-loaded the boat. Motor fails and then is thrown overboard to help keep the boat buoyant when they start taking on water from the waves, they go adrift and die from dehydration. Surface currents take them and their boat to Palawan (or close enough to where local fishermen spot it and bring it on shore). The others were probably not on the boat for the same reason the motor wasn't. My guess is they were holding on to the outriggers so the thing wouldn't sink when it started taking on water. They will either wash up later, they are at the bottom of the sea or the ocean wildlife took care of the remains.

There are pictures of their belongings on the beach/in the boat and of the bodies before they were buried. TV Patrol aired the story last night. You can see it on YouTube if you like (it should start at the correct time). FBI has identified the body of the expat already.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Well this seems to have dried up as a news Item, the last I read that was they have still not had official Identification of the bodies, DNA has not been conclusive according to the lab due to decomposition, However, I now wonder if the impetus is off this case and put onto yet another fishing incident. A crew member going berserk shortly after leaving Sibulan Killing some and severely Injuring others, Unfortunately at this time I can't access the press release on this story, but if anyone else can throw some light on it or Find that Press release can they post. If my Connection will behave for a while maybe I can find it and Post.

This is the latest on the missing people and the deaths. I could find.
    Foreigner and 5 locals missing on fishing trip | Dumaguete info

AH OK I found it seems talking to a friend yesterday, the Police were too concerned about a local Domestic to investigate this incident. Makes you wonder! Does anyone have any more news on this one?

DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

JP :bag:

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    JP, I think @oztony has followed this one closely. He probably has more info on it than the local news would. So has @shadow but he's been MIA for a long time. :wink:

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    @Wrye83
    I cant get into the Topic that Tony and Larry are updating daily, so I just posted what I could come up with at this time, I will see if my Connection Holds out to find the Latest and Post if that's OK with you. I sort of resurrected this so I could slip in this other thing that has never got a mention after the initial report but I have spoke to some, with Friends being a part of this family wise. There was me thinking this Fishing things was a Quiet, Friendly sort of Sport?

Jack

• Like Like x 2