Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner in Provincial Hospital

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    As Dustin and others mentioned, he was FU staff and on a work visa. It appears that today was his birthday. Amid noise over unwanted expats, Phil appears to be exactly the sort of expat the Philippines is looking for. Looking through his FB feed, he seems to have been involved in helping charities as well as teaching others his craft. He was a positive contributor to this country.

We have a number of lessons to take away from these recent deaths.

Don't jump to conclusions here. Hopefully facts will come out and justice will be served as necessary.

Stay safe. Drinking and driving isn't the only danger of alcohol. Driving and alcohol are two of the most risky factors we may have to deal with both here and at home (and for sure don't combine the two.) Avoid areas where there are large numbers of people getting highly intoxicated. Look for personalities of the locations you do visit. If the location has a reputation for fighting and an out of control environment, stay away. Look for heavy security in places which may be a high risk. We can point fingers all day long but our survival is in our hands.

Personally, I have been moving more towards getting my @ss home shortly after dark and avoiding even city events which draw large crowds. Getting up and out early has its own risk factors though. At 5 AM I still have to dodge drunk drivers when walking to get breakfast.

We're in the jungle. Stay alert. Stay alive.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE

TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE DI Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer

Hospitality Industry
    Ratings:
    +122 / 31
    Sad news..... condolences out to his Family and friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As nwlivewire said, everyone that needs to be contacted is already in the know and everything is being handled by the appropriate authorities. If anyone has any first hand knowledge of what happened it should be directed to the police and not posted on the forum. Opinions on what happened and conjecture on this incident will not be welcome on the forum from this point on. Everyone is, of course, welcome to post their condolences and memories about Phil.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128

Sad indeed to say the least. Sincere condolences to his family.
    Hopefully they have wittiness's so the people can be prosecuted for murder if it was an attack with a beer bottle or whatever.
    This tragedy brings back memories. In the 1960's I was struck from behind once with a beer bottle and another time with a pool cue. Both times the perpetrator claimed he mistook me for being someone else. I have to wonder about that. I was in the U.S. Coast Guard at the time and I was a Federal Boarding Officer under the Treasury Department as well as the search and rescue duties. Was it really mistaken identity ? Or had I given them a warning about some violation ? I rarely and I mean rarely ever wrote a ticket as the minimum fines were very high. I never did know and of course never will know. And this was in a bar that was more family oriented and not known for fights or anything like that. To this day I refuse to sit with my back where I cannot see who is coming in the door no matter where I am at. I do not go to bars at all. Those days are long over for me. Be careful out there, even if you are not looking for trouble which most aren't, it has a way to eventually find you in certain places.
    When the facts come out hopefully justice will be done and all can learn another hard lesson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What sad news! I am so sorry to read this. His Father must be devastated - Mother too, of course.

I hope there is a full investigation to figure out what happened. This is just awful!

If this is true, may Phillip RIP.

And may justice be done....

V/R,
    nwlivewire

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  6. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Dustin said it right. Let this forum be a conduit to his family to express our condolences which is exactly what I am doing on behalf of myself and family. May he rest in peace....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    [​IMG]Neil Domaille
    Timeline
    Recent

News Feed
    [​IMG]
    Neil Domaille shared Hulagway ug Kasikas sa Dumaguete's post.
    Just now ·
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hulagway ug Kasikas sa Dumaguete added 2 new photos.
    14 mins ·
    ‪#‎HUKADScoop‬

US Army Scout beaten outside Zanzibar, Dies

If you have Information, Please Contact PNP Dumaguete

It is with great sadness that I say "Farewell" to a fallen warrior brother, Phil Prins. He expired at Silliman Medical Center this morning, 29 December, 2015 on his birthday.

He was an Army Scout, gulf war veteran and photo-journalist for Foundation University. Phil was murdered by several men outside a downtown Dumaguete bar Christmas.

He was last seen leaving Zanzibar Disco. Authorities are seeking any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderers. Please contact the PNP with any information related to this brutal crime.

8. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Did this happen on Friday night [Christmas Day] ? I was at Zanzi until late on Saturday night /Sunday morning. Pretty sure he wasnt there then. My partner was there briefly on Friday night but didnt see anything. There are bound to be some witnessses if it happened in the immediate area outside as its always busy there.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Just Bumping Dustin's Post, Please all read.

10. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    He passed away. His family are flying over........... PNP are looking for information regarding the attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.