Dumaguete Info Search

Forex Shipping - POBOX.PH - Balikbayan Boxes

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Fellow Traveler, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    You can go to the Post Office in the states and they have boxes there from $65.00 up and you afill them up and they get here in 2 weeks

2. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Fellow Traveler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just heard from Celine at POBOX.PH, and she has agreed to air-ship the items if they are found in the warehouse, but this box was inspected by US Customs, and then after, someone else opened it again, as the Customs tape was slit. I doubt the missing items were stolen: not many people have a sudden desire to own instructional material on how to play pedal steel guitar! So, it was most likely misplaced, where ever it ended up. So, I guess I will continue to use them, since Celine has come through under the circumstances. But Sheeze! Jan/Feb until July, and still missing items?

Cheers,

Doug

3. mohon69

mohon69 DI New Member

Technician
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would recommend FOREX shipping..,for the past 8 years theres no problem with my balikbayan boxes shipped from southern california to dumaguete...

4. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Celine has informed me they found my stuff in their warehouse, and will air-freight it to me. So, while it is disappointing that it took 6 months to get it, they are trying to make it right, so I will give them credit, and probably use them again....based on everyone else's results, it seems my bad luck is unusual. And, to this point no one has reported anything missing...which is the most important thing.

Based on my experience, it takes 3 months from when they ship until it arrives. I would suggest, when contacting Celine to have your items shipped, you provide a complete list, in addition to the online list, to make sure they are reminded of what all they need to pack.

Cheers,

Doug

5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    have them compile you packages

doug, sorry to hear about your bb box problems, i've had excellent results using forex to compile/consolidate MANY items sent to them from all over the states and canada.

norm : ))~

6. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The ongoing saga of where are Doug's belongings continues: When last we tuned it, our hero (?) had discovered items that somehow failed to be packed not just in ONE, but in TWO separate Balikbayan boxes (the second one was just to get all of the stuff that got left out of the first box). Ah, but the lovely Celine came to his rescue and agreed to air-ship the missing items ASAP since they were not large. In the interceding 2 weeks, frequent requests for the tracking number of the supposedly shipped items were requested.... Finally, an answer...but the tracking number does not work. A few days later, though, it does work: the reason? The items were not shipped as promised two weeks ago. They were only shipped a few days ago. So, as we enter the 7th month, and third attempt to get these items to our unhappy hero, he is still waiting for his remaining posessions to arrive.

I truly wish I had a name to give you of an alternative to Forex and POBOX.PH. I do not. Some of the stories are appalling: boxes heavily pilfered in transit. Insolvent shippers continuing to accept boxes (and payments) with no intention to ever ship them. In contrast to these tails of woe, mine is more like a bad Three Stooges episode. I truly wish I could vote with my pocketbook and take my business somewhere else. But my story, as incompetent as it shows POBOX.PH and Forex to be, is still better than any other company I can find, so I will probably use them again. Ce la vie.

Doug

7. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I've never seen a bad Three Stooges episode....sorry for your hassles.

8. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The POBox.PH saga continues.... So far, everything has arrived, but it has taken up to 6 months. Recently, however, I've noticed that they do not mark as received ANY packages that do not have a tracking number. I have been trying for a month for them to account for all the packages, yet still some are marked not received. So, I contact the shippers. Lo! If they have a tracking number that they had not previously provided me, turns out the items are ALWAYS delivered and signed for a month or more ago!!! So, now, after multiple requests to Celine to please have them locate my items (still 2 unaccounted for and no word back from the shippers yet), I am waiting and waiting to even SHIP my box. Then there is the crazy long wait for them to deliver. Add in that now you have to purchase two different insurances if you want to insure you receive all your items.

I still have not found a better solution, but in the future I will not have ANYTHING shipped to them without a tracking number and delivery confirmation. Does anyone know of another company that is reliable that consolidates and ships? If there was an bb company in San Antonio I could get stuff shipped to my mate there and get it forwarded, but so far I have not found one. Thus, I keep using POBox.PH, but continue to get more and more frustrated!

Doug

9. Black Pearl Trading

Black Pearl Trading DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TO Doug and anyone seeking a Shipper...

I used in May 2012, LBC Express. they provided me Californa USA to CDO 5 large boxes! Great on time service! Shipped "Ocean travel" so Door to door Service was 47 days (quoted 38 to 42 Days) those would be working days! So they make it on time.

Next I Shrink wraped the Boxes before pickup, the LBC pickup man then Taped them with Labled LBC tape ( to excess!) so no way in or even inspection? So arrived near perfect condition and no opening of the Boxes! Not sure how that worked? Maybe Xray inspection? Price was $65 usd I added insurance to cover contence so that added $10 usd per box... I bought large boxes from Home Depot but they would provide boxes Free!!! So Very happy with them... I see No one has posted anything about LBC... I found them Great!!! Nationwide Coverage Here.... Other Countries it maybe limited so that is the only Factor. They offer Air service too.
    Point to all of this is LBC is here, and handles thier cargo... no they are not a Ship line so Cargo containers are handled by other contractors... but your getting tracking and low cost, and on time Delivery! My Girl has used from East coast of the USA to CDO for Years with no Problems.

David

David

10. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    david...
    i'm getting up the nerve to try another bb box from the states, do you know if LBC consolidates items (repacks) from various sources/sellers, (amazon, ebay, my family, etc.)?

thanks,
    norm : ))~