Dumaguete Info Search

Forex Shipping - POBOX.PH - Balikbayan Boxes

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Fellow Traveler, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Black Pearl Trading

Black Pearl Trading DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Norm,

Sorry I do not know if they provide that service. For years I sold on Ebay and Tried to find a way to get Philippine Expiates to Use me to provide items of need... I had a great supply line... few ever seemed to gain trust to make the transactions.

I Shipped worldwide so now here.. I see so much that is needed...lol This is the Issue logistics are way more problem than the fees, so having Family to pack is the best, if they are near an LBC office.

Shipping here is a big issue as you know, LBC seems to handle it well... point to point.

2. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Fellow Traveler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    LBC does NOT compile packages, and they also will not ship packages sent to them for onward shipment. You have to go into their office (or arrange p/u, if in their service area) with the package to be sent to Philippines.

However, I am done with POBOX.PH. I will not use their services any more. My latest package of stuff has been a total fiasco! They would not report any item as received until I got tracking info from the shippers and confirmed its' arrival at Forex in LA. I asked them several times to please double check for items that failed to show as having arrived. Then, on Nov. 14th I asked them to compile and ship my order. This took over a month to accomplish, and required an additional box for an odd-shaped item, costing way out of proportion for its dimensions....long skinny boxes seem to cost as much as very large in all dimension boxes!!! One box is still not showing as having left the office. After several emails asking that they check on this (and another week of time) I was told just today that it has been shipped (supposedly in Dec, but I no longer trust them). This lastest shipment, if handled in a timely manner, would have arrived a month ago. Instead, I still have one or two months to wait. All items in the box were ordered back in Sept/Oct. It seems their level of service has been dropping like a stone in the two years I have used them. In the future I will work with a friend of a friend who is willing to compile my stuff (along with the friends) and ship via LBC. Her package, done at the same time I was trying to get my stuff accounted for, arrived last month here.

Doug

3. Belgium Chico

Belgium Chico DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, Doug (and the rest of the victim of POBox)!

I do have quite a story to tell about Celine's unprofessionalism and lies.
    I myself am a victim of her promises.

I am seeking legal help about this matter (for the items that I didn't receive have cost me a minimum of Php50,000.00).

Any one here can help?

Thanks.

4. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    BC, sorry to hear you had items missing. The one good thing I can say (so far) is that I eventually got everything I was suppose to, although it has taken up to 8 months for some things. Otherwise I would not have used them again! I currently have 1 box on the way to Bacolod and one still showing in LA, but supposedly some where in route despite their "tracking" system. Their "insurance" is so full of loopholes - you now have to buy TWO DIFFERENT insurances, and still are not covered completely!!! WTF??? Sorry, but I am done with them! Their business model is exellent. Their performance, however, is seriously lacking. I have a few items I need that I will probably ship through LBC. Then, I may resolve my balikbayan box problems the best way: I might sail away from the Philippines! It's a big world, and other places I have yet to see.

Doug

5. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Good News, and big surprise - my box arrived today! The tracking info says it is still in route from Manila to Bacolod, so was hoping maybe next week.... And everything was there. One item was boxed separately, and it somehow did not get sent with the other stuff. Tracking info shows it in Los Angeles, but Celine assures me it is in transit. This box took just over 2 months from when I requested they compile and ship. That process took several weeks... I have no idea why! So, shipping was fast. The problems I have had lately have been with the LA warehouse - they do not report items as arrived, even when listed on the sheet and addressed to me, until I get a tracking number from the shipper and confirm its arrival! As well, Celine is far from prompt in responding to problems or questions, which leads to further delay. It can take a week to get a request for the warehouse to locate the item they signed for, and get a reply that it is accounted for. This should be 24 hours! So, I hope I can avoid there services in the future. The post two up certainly is not encouraging about POBox.ph!

Doug

6. Belgium Chico

Belgium Chico DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doug,

Good for you, pal! I am hoping your case will be solved very soon.

As for me, well, I have been emailing Celine since Aug., 2011 about my missing and damaged items!
    It will be our 2nd Anniversary this Aug., 2013!

They were doing good when I started using them last July, 2010 and surprisingly hauled 50 Green Boxes!
    I lost my trust with Celine and POBox so I am done with them.

I emailed her again recently and :

To: chico bza
    Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:11 PM
    Subject: Re: POBox Issues Broken / Damaged 1 & 2 (with links)
    Yes we received your email We will have a substantial update for you regarding this issue within the week. Thanks!

So again, I still need to wait til Sat. for her update.

7. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well, in truth, I spoke a little too soon about having all my stuff.... Turns out when they opened a package with a razor knife, they slit several ziplock bags that contained musical instructional material with accompanying CD's. One of the CD's is missing, apparently having fallen out through the hole in the ziplock they made. Rather than dealing with Celine, I contacted the vendor and just asked if he could send me the tracks via email as mp3's, and that looks like it will work out. Still waiting for last item, sent separately.

Doug

8. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    One last update on POBox.PH - My recommendation is ABSOLUTELY AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE! They just opened their new warehouse in LA, and it seems it has all gone to ... well, you know what! I continued to use them because, despite poor communication and slow service, everything had always gotten to me safe. But the first box that arrived from their new warehouse had damaged goods because moderately fragile items where shoved into a box with metal parts! Then, when the second half of the order arrived (they sent them separately without consulting me - no doubt charging me more!) and items were missing. The shipper, a one-man operation who hand makes the parts, assures me he could not have forgotten to include parts, or they would still be in his shop. Despite several emails to POBox.PH, I never even got a reply! Insurance??? Forget it! They loose your stuff, it's your problem, not theres! Then one item that had been delayed in shipping was finally delivered.... and they claim they never got it, even though the USPS tracking shows it delivered. So, that was three strikes in very short order, costing me over $300!!! So, with me needing to replace the parts that POBox.PH damaged, lost, or stole, I have switched to Forex. They are the guys who actually deliver POBox.PH packages anyway - POBox is just a consolidator. Now, maybe they are all the same family, or the same business with just different names, but I must say the service from Forex has been very good so far! And certainly anything that got given to them by POBox they delivered - the problems were TOTALLY with POBox!!! If anything goes wrong with Forex, I will update, but I've only got a couple things coming in, and then I will be departing the Philippines, sailing slowly West. Good luck! Do yourself a favor - AVOID POBOX.PH!!!