Dumaguete Info Search

Forum Member in Need of A+ Blood Donation

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Rye83, May 16, 2015.

1. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    There is no official maximum age for donating blood. As long as the person if fit and healthy it will be accepted as per the Red Cross guidelines which are followed here in the Philippines.
    You must be at least 17 years old to donate to the general blood supply, or 16 years old with parental/guardian consent, if allowed by state law. Learn more about the reasons for a lower age limit. There is no upper age limit for blood donation as long as you are well with no restrictions or limitations to your activities.

I've found a donor (Jade) through dumaguete blood and passed on the details to the wife.

I found his facebook page and his wife's google plus page but no mention on there of any calamity.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm A+, but unfortunately I'm back in the UK.

3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm A- but Google says that is one of a number that can give blood for an A+. I can be contacted via PM or cell 09*********.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I saw a foreign dude getting loaded into a pedicab today with a bloody leg. Motorcycle accident of course. He was wearing a helmet. I wonder if that's the guy who we are talking about. Didn't stop to gawk though, like 50 other people were doing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
    The Philippine Red Cross web site has been returning "Server Error" since yesterday but I am almost positive that I read on there that the age cut-off for donating blood is 65. The hospitals themselves have age limits, a friend tried to donate at one of the private ones in Cebu City and they told him the max age is 59; he argued to no avail. It may be wise to check with the hospital before trekking down.

6. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just received an email from SB wife Melojen Benites : thank you so much i really appreciate, but for now the doctor observing of my husband platelet count because sometimes is going up and down. thank you for your info.

Don't know what the problem is, but let's hope he gets well soon and we can offer help if required.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    I'm now and "Old guy"...almost 81. I have A+...I had been advised I am too old to donate due to possible heart issues arising. I also told them I had dormant HepC - that in itself will not allow a donation....sorry. Don

• Like Like x 2
  8. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
    From the Red Cross Philippines website:
    Who can donate blood?
    You can donate blood if you…
    - Are in good health
    - Are between 16 to 65 years old (16 and 17 years old need parents consent);
    - Weigh at least 110 pounds;
    - Have a blood pressure between: Systolic: 90-160 mmHg, Diastolic: 60-100 mmHg; and
    - Pass the physical and health history assessments.

How to Donate

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Sorry havent been on here for a while, just seen the post now, I am A+ never given blood before still under the max age limit, not on any meds 09*********

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks to everyone who came here and showed support. I am going to remove the Emergency prefix (and the personal information posted) at this time. If Horizon needs any help or donations I will revert the thread back to it's pre-moderated version. :thumbsup: