Dumaguete Info Search

Update Forum Software Updates

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Currently running Xenforo 1.4.2. I will be updating to 1.4.3 in the next couple days.

Here are a few of the bug fixes:

Some of the bugs fixed in 1.4.3 include:
    • Don't show contact details custom fields in the message template when privacy checks are applied
    • Prevent malformed BB code from being used to potentially bypass certain signature tag limits
    • Update Facebook video to use Facebook's new display/embed method
    • Adjusted the timezones phrases to handle changes from the last few years (most significantly in Russia)
    • Change the stats table to store results in a bigint to support days with values greater than 4 billion
    • Fix cached like updates when deleting a user
    • Move IEMobile detection to ensure it is always triggered when it should be
    • Fixed the smilie tabs not working correctly with multiple editors on a page
    • When creating a thread, allow the poll question/answers to be restored from a draft
    • Ensure a username is shown for reports of content created by guests/deleted users
    • Fix alignment of LTR names in RTL languages in Firefox
    • Fix a situations where, with small screens, the visitor tabs would be hidden unexpectedly
    • Do not send thread author alerts when action is taken against a thread redirect
    • Fix the user state not being applied correctly in all cases in the phpBB 3 importer
    • Limit the number of unused attachments deleted at a time to prevent memory issues
    • Prevented tooltip flicker in several places

A lot of that has nothing to do with the front end and you shouldn't see much of a change.....and I hadn't even noticed many of those "bugs". Just an FYI. Should only take a couple minutes for the update to be completed.

Once I have updated the forum software I will be updating the forum theme as well. Depending on how smoothly that goes you shouldn't notice many changes there either. You might see some things placed a little differently and some of the mods I have might go away for a bit, but everything should be back in place in no time if something does go wrong.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Upgrade to 1.4.3 finished. The site went down for a couple hours because of that. I noticed that the forum is a bit more snappy than it was before. Seems this was a minor upgrade. Best to stay on top of this stuff instead of letting it build up though. If you notice any bugs please let me know here so I can try to resolve the issues.

I will be upgrading the Core theme tonight. I'm 99% sure that the site will not need to go down for that....though you may see some elements disappear or move around.

Once that is complete I will be upgrading some of the mods (such as the Featured Posts mod) that have upgrades available.

After everything is up-to-date I will be adding a few more mods and experimenting with a click heat map. If there are any features that you would like to see added to the forum let me know and I will see what I can do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Theme updated. Some slight color changes. Log in drops from the top and is no longer a pop-up. Got rid of the password reset alert for guests. I'm sure there are some other changes I'm just not seeing right now....let me know if anything is not as it should be. Need sleep, bed time.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I will be updating the forum software tonight. The site will go down for an hour or so while this is happening. There is always a chance that after upgrading some features or changes I have made on the forum won't work. Not sure what the changes in the update are yet (likely minor) but it's best to keep up with the updates as they come out. Just FYI.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    i like the bit about going down for none hour the best

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :o o: :facepalm: OK Alex you got me Here, can you translate this Sheep shearing lingo for us none Ozzy speakers Is it all the same meaning none

Some days You crease me up matey, more than I crease meself up :thumbsup:

JP:bag:

7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    lol ment one hour, no aussie slang here A cobber see yah i got to hit the frog and tode now off to a party

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :cautious: Well you just mind your Barnet (fair /Hair) on the car/Tricycle roof as you get in. Are you taking the Trouble (& Strife /Wife) with you?
    keep your Minces ( Mince pies/Eyes) off those curly's (Girlies) any problem get me on the Dog (&Bone/Phone) above Enjoy the Evening my Friend. :wink:

Oops sorry, now back to the Thread (Plot) Dustin did it all happen, I have not noticed any Difference so I will presume all went off well :thumbsup: :whistling:

JP:bag:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I haven't updated the forum yet. I have been a bit busy at work lately.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :wideyed: Ooooooooooops sorry, 100 lines I must not be Forward.