Dumaguete Info Search

Update Best Posts in Thread: Forum Software Updates

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Update to XF 1.5.8 and Media Gallery 1.1.7 completed during brownout. Everything looks good from my end. If there are any issues please let me know here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for logging back in and giving a thanks. It is appreciated. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    thanks for adding that feature, wrye. i see you added a link for the last post on the thread and kept the link for the last page on the thread, which takes you to the 1st post on the last page. something for everyone, eh...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    correcto!

duh... i wasn't aware of that. being more of a reader than a participant, i usually only log on to make a post. i do read one forum that only let's a person view the recent post list if you're logged on and it also has some private threads that require logging on.

it works that way for me too but some forums do have the link to the last post on a thread near the thread title and it's available to guests.

now that i've got my terminology in order : ), i think my request would be a nice touch for guests also.

thanks for putting together a nice forum, wrye...

• Like Like x 2
  5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Looks great to me thanks

• Like Like x 2
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I see all the different colors and I like it, no problems at all with the site..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So I played around with this a little bit. Adding media is pretty simple. All you have to do is:
    1. Go to the "Media" tab at the top of the page.
    2. Click the "Add Media" button located in the same area where "Create Thread" would be when creating a thread in a forum.
    3. Then either:
    A. Select "A Site Category" (these are predefined categories that I have set up).
    or
    B. Select "An Album" (these are user defined/created albums, you won't have any at this point so you will need to create one and set the permissions)
    4. Then you can:
    A. Upload a file from your computer
    or
    B. Copy-paste the image link to an image located on another website then press the "+" button.
    5. Confirm the upload.

After you have uploaded the images to the Media Gallery you can insert the images by:
    1. Clicking on the button that looks like a camera in the reply box (if you hover your mouse over this button for a couple seconds it will show the "Media Gallery Embed" title).
    2. Select the image you want to embed (which will be under the box where you type your replies).
    3. The image will then be embedded where the text cursor is currently at in the text above (via BB "GALLERY" tags.)

Example:
    This is what you will see in the reply box once embedded:
    Code:
    [GALLERY=media, 2]Bash by Wrye83 posted Jan 1, 2016 at 7:19 PM[/GALLERY]
    [GALLERY=media, 1]Unsure by Wrye83 posted Jan 1, 2016 at 7:13 PM[/GALLERY]
    This is what it will look like once you post the reply to the forum.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I haven't updated the forum yet. I have been a bit busy at work lately.

• Like Like x 2