Dumaguete Info Search

Forum Title

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Jack Peterson, Oct 2, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Trying all options here, it wants me to search something to activate, of course I am not searching anything, all I want is the page to be complete like yours.
    Surely I can not be your only member that is not seeing my page the same as yours. I guess you can, so now, I am wondering if you went into my account where you are and see what it looks like.
    In hindsight of Course with a different IP it might not react as it does here?

For me, it seems obvious that I am just not getting the full page loaded.

I guess Saga and Hitches will continue

2. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez, Now the Search page numbers are missing from the Bottom of the page. Someone please tell me it is the 3rd and not the 13th Today!

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ok I'm a bit confused. Give me the exact word you are trying to search for and I will run it from my side. I have tried this as a visitor, regular user and as an Admin and the results are shown with posts and where they are posted (there are a few exceptions but they are not posted to a section of the forum).

If you are trying to do a blank search it will come up with an error. You have to enter something in there for it to search. When you say, "it wants me to search something to activate" I have no clue what you are talking about. If I try to search without placing anything in the box I get an error that says, "Please provide a search string".

My next question would be (in and attempt to read your mind): What use are you trying to get out of the search function? Are you looking for recent posts? If you are; there is an easier way than using the search function. The "Latest Topics" on the right hand side of the main screen is not the "Latest Activity" (which would be the old "What's New" tab from the old forum), that is only for the most recent started topics.

If you want to see the latest posts made click on the "Latest Activity" tab next to "Forum" while you are on the main forum site. Below is the picture. If you hit the "Latest Activity" there it will show the latest posts.

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    OK, i am not searching anything, I was as you suggested trying to set things so i can see what Forums posts are in. I am Obviously not getting the same search page as you are ie from my screen shot yesterday. I know how the search works and have no problem with this at all, what I need is past pages. there used to be and it has now gone I have no page numbers. Now when a topic disappears from Todays page it is gone and before, I could go to a page and find it. I needed to post on Acupuncture, what I could have done is gone to page 2 and it is there but I have no page numbers.

All in all, I am just not Getting the same search page as you and maybe anyone else, I just do not have the know how to put this right.
    I can navigate around the Site OK IF, all the information is there for me to navigate.
    It is not and now I am totally lost as to why.

In short I guess the New Forum is just not presenting itself to me correctly there are things missing. very confusing yes. So any Ideas why I am not getting on Screen what everyone else is?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is no page 2 on the Acupuncture topic.

6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Wrye i think we are talking cross purposes here. There should be at the Bottom right of the search page numbered pages for past topics that have now left the search page. These page numbers are not there now on my Screen, it goes back to when you changed over, they were there at one time.

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    In the picture I posted of the search feature I had searched for the term "Fiesta". There was more than one page of results. There might not be more than one page of results for "acupuncture". I really have no idea what you are searching of why you are using the search feature to find it. It is designed to find keywords within older posts. Not to find the most recent posts. For that purpose it works just fine.

I think you are using the search feature when you don't have to. Go to latest activity and look for the most recent posts there (there aren't that many of them).

8. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    It is yesterdays and the day before I am looking for. There used to be a page number for gone posts, I know what I mean so i will just Log off and Hope it all comes together.
    It is Topic Pages I am looking for not Post pages.

I know what I mean so I will just Log off and Hope it all comes together. There are other things that are not happening on my screen even though I have reset as much as I can.

JP

In fact I will invite someone up to my house from the forum so they can see what I am talking about.

9. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Wrye, please go to that topic again *Fiesta*. then scroll right to the Bottom of the page on the right and you will see the page numbers I mean, these no longer appear, i think this was from the Old Forum. also the words so and so said in a post on so and so forum, no longer works on my Screen.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ok, I just recovered from a problem from researching your issue. If you do too many searches the software will slow down your traffic to the sight (you might not see the entire page and certain elements might not show up or work) as it sees excessive searches as spam. So my advice is to stop using the search function as a way to find recent posts. The site is probably seeing your IP address as spam. There is no way I can check that or change it. You will have to use the "Latest Activity" feed (as everyone should) to find recent posts.

If you don't understand what I am talking about please fill me in.