Dumaguete Info Search

found good health insurance

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by filmguy, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:10 PM.

1. filmguy

filmguy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +74 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    its called pacific cross. its cheap by our standards and depends on your age. they pay 100% of all health related bills including med avac to st. lukes in manila. there office is catty corner to silliman hospital they used to be called blue cross now they are are called pacific cross. just thought this might be helpful info.

• Informative Informative x 6
  2. cabb

cabb DI Senior Member ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +674 / -0
    Looks like they have 8 plans, which one did you get?

http://www.pacificcross.com.ph/#medical

Edit: Here is a chart for the top plan. The difference between standard and major is that some of the limits double.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 2.01.32 PM.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 5:04 AM
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead DI Senior Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

eat, sleep and multiply
    Ratings:
    +498 / -1
    Have a friend that had to get a $20,000 surgery and only paid $3000 (with Pacific). His monthly contribution is $160 US. Other than that info, I can't say much more about it. Take care out there, Philippines is not the place to put aside safety focus at any time.

4. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +235 / -0
    I have been with them 8 years now, starting when they were still Philippine Blue Cross. Excellent service provided by them on the two occasions I had to go into hospital in Cebu. The cashless admission is also very convenient and a godsend. My four-year old daughter is also covered under my policy. That is my only gripe - you can't insure a child separately - it has to be as a rider to either the father or mother's insurance!