Dumaguete Info Search

Four a Year Post Stroke Update Other than coffee

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Sep 12, 2017.

1. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i understand the desire to look for the best drink that works for you. the three in one has powered ginger and powdered lemon grass i think along with a bit of sweetner as straight turmeric is a bit strong for my taste. i add chopped ginger to that mix and let it steep so the hot water can extract some of the nectar from the raw ginger which has its own advocates. all i know is that the result for me was almost immediate and it has been lasting.

two differences i noted quickly. one was i have never been able to stand on one leg and put my pants on in the middle of a room without losing my balance, until now. the other was that i was beginning to go now steps sideways, left foot first. now i walk down left right left right. prudently, i still put pants on while near something to hang on to if the need arises, and i also keep a hand on or near the rail going downs stairs but the improvement is definite and lasting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Keep it up old fella and stay positive which it appears you are doing. Best of luck with the treatments. Thinking now of starting to take something myself having just turned the big eight oh!.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I take tumeric in tea daily.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. hiddenuser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

so pat i am curious. have you seen any improvements in your status that you would attribute to the turmeric?

5. hiddenuser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so srry , i missed your earlier post re turmeric. i guess my only other suggestion is to get a good nights sleep. that is where i am headed!!