Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Fruit Tree Seedlings

1. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    In Valencia town every Sunday Flea Market(Valencia Plaza)from 6am till noon you can find good fruit trees from 40pesos-250pesos. And if you like to roam around the town you can find cheaper fruit trees, the Valencia Department of Agriculture also can help you for more resources. And "Gloria Farm"-300meter from town plaza sells a good variety but pricey.

I bought most of my fruit trees in Apolong-a village after the Forest Camp they have more varieties and very good price.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there

I live in Amlan (out of the country for a few months though), and i was looking for exactly the same as you, only thing was the nursery out the highway from dgte and before sibulan on the right hand side

i bought a few things from the nursery

this is what i did, i travel regularly to china, so i would source most of the seeds i wanted there, from the wet markets, i would get my banana plants from the university farm in NORSU, go to the gate of the uni itself tell the guard you want to buy banana plants and he will take you there, its where the agri students work on several strains of bananas, I have had lots of success growing the bananas

now on the road next to Rizal park in DGTE (very close to the back entrance to tops and bottoms) heading towards the boulevard, there you will find some ladies selling some citrus seedlings, beware of them (BE SURE TO ASK IF THEY ARE DWARF SEEDLINGS THEY SELL)

I would also buy some of the exotic seeds from ebay ( thailand, cambodia etc ) and some of them worked out nicely too for me, lots of different fruits, will take a few years to produce but are all good and strong (have the XO brand of durian ) and others not native to the area

could also go to the wet market in dgte and source the seeds there too, just buy the fruit and hey presto (but i would suggest you buy the seeds from ebay from actual farmers of the treated fruit trees (less prone to disease and drought)

just my tuppence worth

but to answer your initial question.................there is no such nursery/store up Amlan way

darren

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1