Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile G Fiber any good?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by OzeMike, Apr 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Coming to end of our PLDT Fibr 3 year contract coinciding with our upcoming move from Talay to Valencia...barangay Calayugan to be precise.

Considering switching to Globe G Fiber as they tell me I can get it without a lock-in period.

Any reports good or bad on Globe Fiber service? particularly in the Valencia area.

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I would not believe for s second that they won't lock you in upon hookup as they lay (hang the fiber connection) and get yah up and running along with there latest modem. I just went globe fiber about 5 months back and have had to call technicians 4 times due to 3 to 4 days no internet and one time was 8 days no internet. My Wife went to Globe as she wanted out and she was told it is a 2 year lock in, 4,500P to disconnect and 200p for each month remaining of the 2 year period. When I came hear 3+ years ago I was paying 600P a month for internet. After Globe hit my Asawa up for upgrade (50+ times) she finally caved (still get's 3 to 4 texts from globe per week) to upgrade further. Now we pay just over 2000p a month. HENCE>>>> Never let your Asawa talk to Globe on any level. That's my advice for your average Joe that is on a budget. I myself really don't care as I am in no way a thrifty type. Happy Wife, happy Life. The more that have your Asawas cell number, the higher cost of living here! Solicitation texts are relentless ////kinda like Ants< It's Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fun in the Philippines!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  3. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Crikey! thanks for the feedback Crystal Head...reckon I will stick with PLDT Fibr in that case.

Interestingly we know some Filipino friends who got PLDT Fibr with no lock in period....whereas if the contract is in a long nose name it's always 3 years lock in. Real discrimination if it's true.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    IMO, FilProducts is the way to go (Valencia). If they are down the other networks are also down.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Agree, seems to happen a lot unfortunately :stop:

• Like Like x 1
  6. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    I agree with Rye83, Filproducts in Valencia is good to very good. I have Home and Business connections, one a Internet / Cable (decoder comes after the modem) and for the Shop a business internet only plan. Disconnecting the home plan after 1 year lock in as a 2K fee and hand in the equipment, just make sure you ask for the 1 year only at start up.

Both connections have been 95% stable, usual down periods are tied with PLDT being the parent Fiber host, the outages that are not concurrent with PLDT have been short.

Speeds are reasonable, home as a 50MBps and it gets this regularly to the Cebu PLDT server, Shop is 30MBps and it also hits this in most speedtests.

Installers both times have been reasonable, they dont clean and inspect the fiber with a fiber scope and cleaning kit like they would abroad but they do a proper attenuation and reflection test that passes which like most things here is good enough.

I would stick with Filproducts as disconnecting fiber in Manila with PLDT was a complete nightmare after the contract period had finished.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks JW Bobbit very helpful information.
    It hinges for me on whether I can get a cast iron assurance from PLDT (don't laugh) that if I transfer to Valancia the contract will not go into another 3 year lock in but continue with no lock in period. Our 3 year contract is coming to completion this June.

If I can't get this assurance in writing I will close the contract and go for Filproducts Fiber.

8. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Can you pay FilProducts Fiber with online banking or Gcash or do you have to trek out to their office in Duma every month?

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe you can pay at 711 if you know the exact amount and your account number. However, there is no way to check your account balance online to know if the transaction was put towards your account. I go pay my bill every 2 to 3 months in person because of this. They don't charge a fee unless your service is disconnected. Since they can't be bothered to make payment easier for me I won't be bothered to go out of my way to give them their money on time. They get their money when I feel it is convenient for me to pay it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    My wife pays FilProducts with G Cash. Easy.

• Informative Informative x 1