Dumaguete Info Search

Gap for booster shot shortened to 3 months

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Dutchie, Dec 22, 2021.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I did not have reactions to either the Sinovac nor the Pfizer.
    The next day I put pressure on the location of the Pfizer jab and did notice a little discomfort compared to the other arm.
    Honestly a little reaction would make me feel better by thinking that something was happening.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,989 / 1,090
    Day after my 2nd Pfizer jab I had side effects of temperature, cold chills and and cold sweats back aches and was bed riddin 24 hours. That was Dec. 6th. Now just got over 5 days solid of same symptoms (delayed reaction) from Jan. 1st till 5th. The vaccine really chomps in my opinion and I think they can take the 3rd booster shot and shove it where the sun don't shine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The nurse might object when you lower your pants for the booster shot though :angelic:

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    If storage is inadequate then any vaccine will be as useful as a placebo! I note that major stores cannot keep frozen food frozen - so perhaps??? This particularly concerns me with recent lengthy electricity cuts due to Odette.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It is not only the booster shot gap being reduced but I know someone given an 8 week gap for the second dose of AstraZeneca and then being called in after 5 weeks. That is a big no-no. Twelve weeks is best (and there are various articles available that indicate a long space between vaccines is preferable) but there is marginal loss for an 8 week gap. But 5 weeks seems like a desire to count numbers or use up close-to-expiry vaccines or a lack of knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yep, that's what I was getting at about the boosters. It doesn't sound like anyone is concerned with the science, just using up vaccines before they expire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I got Sinovac in June/July, too. It was the only thing available to me and I figured I might as well get something. Psychologically, I never really "felt" vaccinated because I always thought getting Sinovac was equivalent to saline shots in the arm. To put my mind at ease, I worked out getting in on a corporate program in Manila where I could get Moderna. (Ok, yes I had to lie about having had the Sinovac in order to be eligible for the Moderna, but I was paying for these shots plus two trips to Manila!) I had Moderna shots in Nov/Dec. Then, last week, I got my Pfizer booster 3 months after Moderna.

I am a firm believer in the usefulness of vaccines. Had a flu shot in January; in Feb a household member who doesn't bother with flu shots because fear of reactions, caught the flu and was absolutely miserable for more than a week with it. I never caught it, though I continually had fairly close contact.

I have been taking annual flu shots since high school (decades and decades ago) and, along with many other vaccinations for various things, I have never had any reaction to the shots other than a mild soreness for a day or two at the injection site.

Occasionally I come across an anti-vaxxer who immediately smugly bloviates about individual rights and freedoms. I just laugh and tell them to take 2 Ivermectins and call the ambulance in the morning. I suggest as a courtesy they give the coroner a heads-up call, too. For some reason they don't think that is as nearly funny as I do.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Nurses here in the Philippines are very anxious to please. I am certain she (or he) would be happy to stick that needle in you exactly as you suggest. I think it's a GREAT idea for you.

9. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    You figured you may as well get a shot, felt it didn't do anything, and then insult people who care about individual rights and freedoms. My guess is you've gotten used to wiping your @ss with your head because you feel like using your hands makes them dirty. I dare say you got it stuck, sir.

10. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    someone needs a nap ...

• Agree Agree x 2