Dumaguete Info Search

Garbage Collection?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Brian Oinks, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elya.Q

Elya.Q One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, did you find a way to resolve this issue? I live in Dauin, don't see any proper way to utilize the non-degradable waste around... my landlord's solution is not really environmental friendly, so I need to figure out where I can utilize it :smile:
    I am ready even to bring it there myself, but where is that "there"? )))

2. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My Wife places our rubbish into plastic Garbage Bags and places it on the side of the Highway I think every Tuesday Morning here in Maluay. Gone by the afternoon and still do not pay any fees...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    Hey Mr. Brian Onks, you are a great guy and I really adore you. You are the only one who understands how life in the Philippines goes: They pick up your trash and you still don't pay anything for that - fantastic. You are a smart man, not like us other expats who are stupid enough to give the trash guys some cash pesos every month in their dirty hands. Wow - you are genious, please share more of your wisdom here, teach us more about your way how to survive in this country.
    By the way, as long it seems you like to use the word "shyte" very much. Nobody taught me that word, but if it means what I guess it describes your attitude perfectly well, same as what filipinos think about you.

tuba-coma
    This message by tuba-coma has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I play no part in that. My Wife and my Filipino Family here (including several neighbours) are the ones who arrange the rubbish, placing it into recyclable and non recyclable, place it into the correct bags, and dispose of it as they have been told to do by the Barangay Captain who lives nearby, by placing it alongside the Highway, exactly the same as the Barangay Captain does, beside his rubbish for collection. I have been here almost 5 years now and have not yet made an enemy (of local people) but do steer clear of several bitter self absorbed narcissistic Expats I have met, mainly due to attitudes similar to yours. I prefer the positive attitudes of the locals, and my Family here whom I live with in a small Nipa Hut, unlike quiet a few others who try to change the Philippines to suit them and Westernise it. It is what it is, please try to stay positive and not choke on your own bile. Once you learn to adapt to how life actually is here and just go with the flow, you will have a much more positive outlook on life here... Have a Good Day Sir... :smile:

• Like Like x 6
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I agree with one thing the previous poster said about you, sir:
    Although the rest of "tuba coma"s post enters a sardonic, trolling realm, the quoted part is true. You're a good man, Mr Oinks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am far from perfect mate, however; I adapt... This is not my Country so not mine to change. I do call it home and this is where I live and where I will die. I love the country, the people (locals) the lifestyle, the local foods and have never had a problem here (unless you count the occasional Blackout which messes with my online experience :tongue: hehe) I have met a few GREAT Expat's locally here, but for the most, some I have met grind my grits with their lame attitudes, really makes me wonder why they are even here when it is a constant rolling barrage of complaints or ridicule of the local people, the food, the climate, life in general etc... I suppose some are so miserable with their own lives, they are not happy unless they are bringing others down to their level.

I did speak with a few of the neighbours here this morning including the Barangay Captain, who all said the same thing; 'not a single one of them pays for Garbage removal here in the Province' and all place along the side of the Highway each Tuesday morning which is picked up and taken away. (Better they are doing that now than burning it or tossing it onto the vacant lot next door, aka; OUR Lot!) I assume in the City it is a different story, but here they laughed at me when I asked ''who do you see to pay'' and it was suggested I pay them, which no doubt would be a 'Tanduay Contribution'... If it counts; we do pay the Nephew to carry the bags to the Highway. :smuggrin: *SNORRK*

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  7. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    Maybe I misgot you, Mr. Oinks, it just sounded to me like you are proud of saving some pesos or any other kind of tip for the surely underpayed trash guys. As you love the country and pretend to understand it, so do I, and my experience is; give a little tip for everything someone does for you, and everyone is happy. That's part of the lifestyle here. If you do so already, it's all fine. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    "Hey Mr. Brian Onks (sic), you are a great guy and I really adore you. You are the only one who understands how life in the Philippines goes" TRUE ... he IS a great guy and he DOES understand life in the Philippines.

"You are a smart man, not like us other expats who are stupid " TRUE ... he is SMART. TRUE ... perhaps one or two expats are stupid. I have not found both of them yet. :wink:

"Wow - you are genious (sic), please share more of your wisdom here, teach us more about your way how to survive in this country. " Yes, Brian, please continue to give us your wisdom as we all benefit from it.

".... same as what filipinos (sic) think about you." Hmmm ... I was not aware as expats here that we know what Filipinos think but I guess in this case those who know Brian respect him and think he is a great guy. Hope all of us expats can treat him with the same respect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I do not do any of the dealing here mate, all is done by my Wife or the Family. I have learnt to stay away from any place with a point of sale due to how wildly the price fluctuates, in fact it was my Wife who insisted I stay at home when she goes across the to the markets because everything went up crazy in price as soon as it was known she was married to a foreigner. I do not pretend to understand it, I live with the Family here under the one roof, 8 Adults and 7 kids as well as myself in a Filipino Nipa House, I live eat and breathe the same as they do, side by side. No running water, no Air-con, hand pump from the Well and hand wash our Clothes as well as shower from a Pail and a pitcher for the CR. A simple life, which I dearly love and would never give up to go back to the West again, ever. As for Tips, I do generously tip those who do anything for me as well as pay for anything done for me, it is little to me but a big help to them, so at times if I must create something for them to do when they are in need, then I do, it is not a hand out as they are too proud to accept a hand out. Doing something for something is a matter of pride and something I understand as I have never in my life been in a position of wealth myself, until I came here to be surrounded by my new Family. You can find no better wealth than Family or a true friend, both of which is in abundance here. That is what I love about the Philippines.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    We pay a private guy to pick up our garbage when needed, about P300 per trip because we are still unpacking and have a lot of boxes, we he gets money for at a recycling center. No public pickup available at our balay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.