Dumaguete Info Search

garden stuff

Discussion in 'Horticulture' started by alex, Mar 13, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    garden

[​IMG]
    italian cucumber 11 inches and still growing,i have some seeds i anyone wants.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    After trying hard for the last 9 months i have decided its very hard to go vegies out in the open here the heat, birds, and bugs drove us to build a shade house its only 6 meters by 4 meters the roof is double thickness shade house plastic 8 inches above the roof is shade cloth cover creating a air an air flow.As the pics show the walls are covered by a white fine shade cloth, here,s hoping it works.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Hi Alex,

Please let us know if it does work. I could be following your lead if you have results. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    pompo your more than welcome to come n have a look i live near hypermart

• Like Like x 2
  5. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks for the tip and pictures that looks like it will do the trick and keep all the hungry bugs away or at least deter some. I'm thinking of doing something similar once I get set up with a permenant residence here in Duma.

DaveD:thumbsup:

6. The Freak

The Freak DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Interviewing freak expats.
    Ratings:
    +28 / 26
    Dear Mr Alex, I would like to come to your abode and see your vegetable garden, as I am trying to grow poison ivy to put into my missus`s Chardonnay bottle, and if I can grow it and it does the trick I can then blend what I have over and put it into the bottle of homemade grappa that her lover (shemale) drinks and bump her/him off also. If you can show me how to grow poison ivy or something similar I will be in debt to you for as long as I live, because I am sick and tired of listening to my wife and her lover making love every night whilst I am sleeping under their bed ,( no where else to sleep) as their screaming is driving me bonkus. I am a novice when it comes to gardening Mr Alex and any advice that you can give me would be very much appreciated.
    I remain your humble servant.....The Freak.
    PS Maybe I could stay at your abode for a few days whilst you give me a lesson or two in horticulture, and I would not get upset by your screaming when you are making love Mr Alex because you sound like a very nice gentleman.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :troll:

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Dear Mr freak if you can't beat them join them you may learn to like it,i don't have experience in this field however i strongly suggest you take your teeth out to feel the full benefit .

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I have tried growing tomatoes here in the Philippines. Like other people report, they start to grow really well, but at a certain point, they just die.

I was told by other people that the nights here in the Philippines (other than Baguio) just don't get cool enough to get a good tomato harvest. I gave up on the idea.

Same for lettuce ... it needs cooler night-time weather.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I Turbota agree its hard to grow quiet a few items including tomato,s yet i have a friend that grew many last year. they like a P.H of no more than 6.5 .i now have some seed developed in northern Australia ( about the same climate as here) they are a cross between a beefsteak and bullockheart i am hoping that is the answer.if you buy from the local market and use that seed you may do better