Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Gas stove and oven -vs- Electric stove and oven

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not so sure of the economics. We have spare gas tanks in case we run out. Can change and keep cooking and roasting or baking easily. What happens when you get the unexpected/unscheduled brown out and you are roasting and baking in an electric oven? I'll take practical over economics here at this time, unless you have a generator of course. Then there is the added cost of operating a generator to throw into the economics side.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Our first stove was a combined unit and the elect. side went out real quick. Our second one was all gas. We have two 20#, LP, tanks one for use and the other on standby. This stove is now about 6 years old and never had a problem. When power go out we just lite it with a match and it works normal once lit, no power necessary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    My electric bill is ridiculously cheap, and I use an electric induction stove. I couldn't imagine gas would make enough difference to get my attention.

Ask the person who is doing the cooking. Everyone who has cooked with my electric stove has hated it. It's a PITA if you don't know how to use it. Gas heats the container differently and it's a bit more flexible. You can get more exact with your temps with a gas stove. And I'm not even a good cook.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I would say gas is a lot cheaper than electric. As for combined units? Yes but usually limited to an electric ring for use if the gas runs out, not a bad idea. Robinsons, Centrum good places to look.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Thanks for the info Gents, I am in the Phils now for good, so went full on gas stove and am very happy with it. Now off to eat some Giant Prawns. 2.jpg 1.jpg

• Like Like x 2