Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden gasket rubber

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by charlyB, Aug 22, 2023.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    Once again i felt like was on a quest for fire or the holy grail and all i wanted was some rubber sheet to make a gasket that i could not buy ready made, we tried all the usual places then started trying the automotive spares stores of which there are a multitude.
    Eventually some kind person gave us good info that the automotive spares shop across the street from marketplace had what we want.
    We went and i was overjoyed to find they had exactly what we wanted, this was soon overcome by shock when i asked the price :greedy:
    I asked the price by sq m but they said they price it by the sq inch, 6.something peso per sq inch, i wanted 2sq feet so 288 x 6.something came to 1740 php.
    Next time i go back to the UK forget the clothes or foodstuff i would normally take back, my suitcase will be full of rubber gasket lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +428 / 198
    @charlyB - Try these guys
    https://magic-aire.com/product-category/insulation-material/rubber-sheet/

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    also...
    search 'rubber sheet' on shopee and click on any ad with rubber sheet. then scroll down to ''from the same shop'' and you'll see lots of rubber sheet ads.

4. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I do wonder if an inner tube from a car or truck wheel would do the trick, I cannot see any reason for it not to?

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    I had the same idea but i could not find any wide enough as my gasket needed to be 6inch diameter and also 1/8inch thick.

6. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    Perhaps an tube for a car- like the inner-tube used at the beach. I dont know how thick it is but it would cover the 6inch diameter. I got 1 (for the beach) for 300php as I passed volconizing shop.
    Could be cheaper if you have a filipino buy it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    Sound advice.
    Worst thing i ever did was get my wife to change her last name to mine as it now qualifies her for the foreigner pricing structure which seems to be legal here, would be called racism in most other countries, in the UK foreigners arrive daily in small boats with no ID and are welcomed with free hotels,medical care, food and a bit of spending money, should send them here, problem would go away very quick.

• Agree Agree x 6