Best Posts in Thread: General Community Quarentine (GCQ) May 1

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No check-point this morning from Bacong to Duma. They were turning old folk away at robs, they let me in thou because I look much younger and fit as a fiddle at 66 years old.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I saw that video but I think and it appears to implicate various people working FOR certain US government agencies of much less grave violations (but not at the level of intentionally causing a pandemic) during the Obama administration but I’m sure many will use videos like this it to try to relieve the Chinese government of responsibility. After all, they would much prefer to make the evil United States a scapegoat and I can understand why people often think along these irrational lines. The Dr. is not claiming that the release was intentional by anyone; she claims that some scientists like Fauci are trying to profit from the virus release, as she claims Fauci and others have in the past. I have no opinion on that; I don’t know. She seems sincere, having apparently had her work stolen from her by established corporate researchers. Again, no opinion. Maybe true. I could believe her on that. She sure seems to believe it. To me, the video just adds to the conspiracy theories of the day by implication, not fact.Actual conspiracies exist sometimes as well but the video does not come close to establishing the theory presented by the interviewer as indisputable fact. Fauci has a low level of trust amongst the American people but: Dr. Fauci did not conspire with Bill Gates to infect the whole world so they could sell a vaccine. There is no conspiracy to hide the beneficial effects of hydrochloroquine; scientists are still testing the drug and as fast as the public wants the results, conclusions on its safety and efficacy are not established yet. This is not an established conspiracy either. Certain researchers may be guilty of illegal transportation of micro biology materials back and forth between the USA and China (under investigation) but nobody is saying these materials were covid or even generic Coronavirus themselves, just micro biological materials. If such materials were shown to be bio weapons, big problem fiir the university professor and other researchers themselves. That would be treason. But, more likely, it is the much more boring, benevolent scenario of vaccine development. It is still illegal to import/export such materials without a license. They were apparently careless while transport the materials in their luggage (but nothing dangerous apparently escaped). Such violations of import export laws generally happen in the interest of saving time, as I have read. I think the woman is very sincere but I think the interviewer presents a case that is beyond what she is actually claiming, if you watch it. Most likely, Fauci is a stockholder in medical companies that would benefit from research at the Wuhan lab, and he shouldn’t be holding stock in such companies because, in his position, that could be an actual or perceived conflict of interest *by an individual citizen*, not the government that he is a citizen if. But you say you think “the US” has a lot to answer for? I think China has a lot to answer for given their KNOWN coverup of the initial epidemic in Wuhan and anyone saying otherwise is just as bad as the propaganda arm of the China CPP who is now in a very embarrassing and defensive position. But think what you want, I believe the woman is telling the truth as she knows it but that does not implicate the US Obama administration or any other previous one under which most of this research occurred. Neither China nor the US had any interest in causing this pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Dog bite man ! no story, Man Bites Dog? now let's read this :bookworm:

• Like Like x 4
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It should have read... "if you cannot play nicely with others then you are grounded until further notice" LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    The document from the Governor uses the word "co-morbidity" to describe an at risk peson. According to good old Google; co-mordity is a person with 2 or more chronic illness.
    This can be basically interpreted to mean if you are living with a sickly person you should stay home to.

I'm not going to get too excited about the new rules until at least version 2.0 or 3.0.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    1. how do they know if someone lives with an "at risk" person
    2. how will they contain this if there are no checkpoints
    3. see items 1 and 2
    will wait till Monday then I am out and about...cheers :smile:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Not a bad idea...... we had a riot at Rye88's Jacuzzi party last year.
    Rye88s Jacuzzi.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Might be better to turn up anonymously, at first! We could then play 'who's who'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    In all seriousness (not much of that about), I'd been thinking it might be good for as many members of the forum as possible (or motivated) to get together for a beer or three when this is all over. Maybe putting some faces to names and having a chinwag might expel some of the old preconceptions we each have about the various nationalities here....and if we drink enough, we could have the fisticuffs after.

Just an idea to float for those who might be up for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Francois

Francois DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Same at hypermart. Asked my ID and didn't let me enter. Said I have to send my wife (so she can bring corona at home). I went to bureau of immigration for visa extension (took hours), seniors everywhere in the streets, queues outside the stores, jams in downtown, but everybody wear masks.

• Informative Informative x 3