Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: General Community Quarentine (GCQ) May 1

1. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    It’s lazy governance. The cops in my family say there were only instructed to enforce the sales bad after a few guys had gotten into a noisy, drunken fight on the street after curfew. I think in general the locals are a bit more binary with their drinking, either nothing or no stopping, and are much more likely to drink in groups. Then there’s the glass sharing thing with Red Horse. It’s just easier for the governor to hand down a collective punishment than actually isolate and prosecute the troublemakers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Me too, went out a little later. Barber shops were stacked, I figured it might be that way, weekend and for those that still had a job it was a payday at that, I'll go out next week for the haircut. Got wine and scotch from Lee's, got steak from JLH along with Prosecco.

No eating in at Y Not, Casablanca had people dining outside, a bit early so didn't see anyone having a beer or other with their meal, will check that next week. Ladies at Y Not expect full dining in after May 16.

Rolling Pin by Silliman is now open but Sophia's Wine Store was still closed.

No checkpoints, seniors all over the place. Slowly getting back to normal, but with a mask. I figure if you are walking and wear a mask, no one will bother you in town.

• Like Like x 3
  3. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    #NewsBite: Governor Roel Degamo has confirmed to reporters that Negros Oriental will be downgraded from enhanced to general community quarantine (GCQ) starting May 1, in accordance with directives from the national Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).

He said this after meeting with members of the provincial IATF-EID on Tuesday to finalize the transition of the province from ECQ to GCQ.

While Degamo enumerated some of the basic guidelines in Negros Oriental under GCQ, the complete guidelines will be disclosed in detail through an executive order that he is expected to issue on Wednesday. | via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Don't forget to invite Clint Eastwood.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Please, only girls who were born females this time

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    We had a couple of these in the past and they turned out fun. The last one was at South Beach Dauin. Some guys brought their partners. I think we allowed ONLY one brit - JP. HE PROMISED TO BUY BEERS FOR EVERYONE AT THE NEXT GET TOGETHER, if we let him join.

• Like Like x 2
  7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We could all have name tags with our user names on them :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    I simply shared the video because I thought it would be of interest to some people. I didn't say whether I agreed with the content of the video or not.

Personally I prefer to keep my opinions to myself, purely because I'm sure nobody here really cares what I think, and there are more than enough people here continually giving their "expert" opinions on every matter under the sun.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    NOT FOR THE VEHEMENTLY CHRISTIAN AMONGST YOU:

Life on earth started with micro-organisms (bacteria). One day, following multi-mutations, a viruses will wipe out most/all other species on earth, returning it to it's beginnings. Might be thousands of years from now, might be next year. The obvious flaw in this is what will the viruses live on, with no hosts, hence they would mutate to be non-fatal and non-threatening to certain hosts.
    Happy GCQ!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is very obvious they don't care about the poor...but they do enjoy being in power. If they want to maintain that power they will need to make sure the poor don't revolt against them.

You want to add that to your signature block, Captain Doom and Gloom?

• Like Like x 2